The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
2Boys Truckin

My first chevy truck 68 custom

Well i have always owned ford trucks and cars 28 to be exact. My dad was a chevy guy andd finally convinced me that chevy stuff was cheaper...i guess he was right. I bought a 72 lwb (drove it home)and 68 custom lwb(trailered it), 3 guage clusters a perfect hood a gmc tailgate, sliding rear window, hood hinges and metal tonka dumptruck for my boys (made him throw that in) for 1200.00 sold the 72 for 1000.
I have bought so far
all new wheel cylinders, shoes, plugs, wires, mirrors, tires, rockers, 4in lowering springs in rear and cut 1 coil in frt.
The guy said he had the truck a long time and his daugters spray bombed it walmart black for his birthday. So now the black is flaking off so i da sanded the whole truck with 100 grit and i'm going to clear it satin or gloss clear(dont know yet). Anyways i have about 500.00 in it so far and it runs and drives great. Now for the BAD my dad was working on the brakes and it had toyota wheels on it drove it down the road the front wheel ran off and broke his back(sorry dad).
Attached Images

2Boys Truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
2Boys Truckin

Re: My first chevy truck 68 custom

the bottom two pics are after the da sand, steel wheels and custom wide white tires
2Boys Truckin is offline   Reply With Quote