The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
1project2many

Just wondering...

where my old truck went. I got fed up with it when I was 18 and traded it off for a '79 Caprice. I didn't know what I had. It was a 58 1/2 ton short box chassis with a 55 big window deluxe cab and 56 nose. I'd managed to find and install a factory Safety power steering box and hydrovac booster from a 56 GMC as well as a 350 4bbl and a Saginaw 4 speed from a '70s Camaro. It was pretty rough because I'd built it by using old trucks for parts. I had a paper route and I'd save up money while watching in back yards, along fences, &etc for more trucks. I'd have a hotrodder use his trailer to drag them back to my place to be stripped. I was living in western MA at the time, mid to late '80s, and maybe if it's still around someone here might know of it? One of the identifying features is that the steering box was from a 3/4 ton and in my youthful exhuberance (and with no better guidance) I simply cut the top rail of the 1/2 ton frame in two places with a hacksaw and used a pipe wrench to roll the upper part of the "C" back far enough to get the box in.

They say you never forget your first love and I'd like to know how or if mine is still getting along.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote