The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2003, 10:45 PM   #1
nosto
Flamin' Bass

Interior door panel mounting?

I've got two aftermarket doors. The original doors are long gone.

How is the '67 interior metal panel mounted? I saved the panel and the metal channel that was mounted at the top. The new doors have four 1/4" holes at the top and four at the bottom. What is used to hold in the panel - a big sheet metal screw?

LMC catalog only shows screws and washers. ChevyDuty has a Fastener Kit with all screws, but if they are the same size as the ones in my spare parts box (from the old doors, I think) they don't hold, just push in and fall out.

Extra credit: My new doors have the countersunk hole near the bottom of the vent window. What did everyone else do with this hole? Fill with bondo? Epoxy a shiney screw head in there? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Pics : http://community.webshots.com/user/nosto53

1972 Triumph TR6 - full resto, now with a Toyota 5-speed
1975 F**D F-100 - rusty, but reliable
1982 HD XLH-1000
1967 C-10, shortstep, 350/M21 4spd, nitrogen tank fills fast bags on 4 corners, Toyo 255/45X20s on American Eagle 221 20X8s, shaved locks and handles, antenna, fuel filler, tiny C-notch, rear fuel tank, long headers, Edelbrock, worn 600 Holley, Checkmate flush hard cover, rear pan, custom LED taillights - painted it, too! But don't like it so I'm gonna do it again!!
nosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #2
tom hand
CCRider

The hole by the vent window is a 72 thing. The last year they made these trucks they put a screw there to fix the rattle in the door...you should be able to put a screw in there. If I remember the screw was about 2 inches long
Old 06-19-2003, 01:50 AM   #3
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

as far as the mounting of the metal panel to the door itself....the channel is mounted using the smaller of the sheet-metal screws,and then the metal panel is slid up into this channel.the bottom of the metal panel is held in place w/ the other sheet-metal screws (4) along the bottom.just make sure that you do all the things necessary on the interior of the door b-4 you put the panel on though!lol! or you'll be yanking it back off to put 1.)the felt gasket back on the window and door cranks. 2.) push in the plastic square pieces into the square holes for the arm rests mounting screws. btw,if your truck did not have armrests you'll have to drill 2 holes in the metal panel directly in line w/ the square plastic pieces that was pushed into the inner door frame to mount them.goot luck!!
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote