The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
slikside

New car, old truck

Came home on friday night with a new 2013 vehicle (not a chevy; shall not name here )

But on Saturday, realizing I had not driven my truck in a few weeks because the front bumper has been off and being powdercoated, I decided I was going to drive it anyway! So, I did just that. I just haven't been able to get around to putting that thing back on....it is ready and waiting. Some duct tape for the dangling front turn signals, and off we went!

Anyway, had a great time just cruisin it around on various errands. Lot's of questions about the year ('72), and a few "nice truck" comments. Just a cool afternoon running around.

Afterwards, I got to thinking, "that's how great these trucks are. You can go dump a chunk of change on a new vehicle, but that truck is still my favorite!" So much so that I never even drove the new one on Saturday, and there were way more questions/comments about my truck than there ever would have been about the new vehicle.

Old school rules in my book.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
69GWC

Re: New car, old truck

Thats for sure you hardly ever get a thumbs up with a new truck but it happens alot with a classic truck like these.
Posted via Mobile Device
69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote