The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
kkari

Newbies (Finnish) -69 c10 project!!!

Hello all!!

So here it is!

All ready ordered some parts. Quick Fuek 600carb, Edelbrock cam, 11108 Flowtech headers, MSD Pro billet distributor, MSD leads, Comp Cam ignition box etc!!!

Im gonna make it low with bags maybe from FBSS suspension kit!?! Whit slambags! What you people think about those kits???

Car is from North Caroline import. And its in good shape!!! The factory paint is under the bed and frame!!! Though the exterior is more like "used" its dirty and oiled every where... yes oiled all the crome parts and bolts and nuts
Attached Images

kkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
kkari

Re: Newbies (Finnish) -69 c10 project!!!

waiting in garage to UPS carrier arrive and get some parts what i have ordered.....
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
ItsRandy

Wow! Finland! It must be tough to build one of these trucks in Finland. Good luck to you. I'll be checking out your build.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
CC69Rat

Is that a tach dash ! ??

Welcome to the board!

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
kkari

Finally have some parts! Most of them are in place also, excluded cpp's cardan bearing.
Oh and now im waiting new ignition box because the procomp box which i got was already broken. New one is going to be MSD like all the other ignitionparts.........
Flowtech headers went in place pretty easy. Just have to make little dents cylinders 1 and 2 pipes because they hit in motor mount.
This weekend here are the American Car Show so maybe i can get some parts over there in right price.....maybe a new air cleaner,valvecovers,Aluminiumheads.. no just kidding with the heads!!! Maybe next winter i tear a part whole motor and get some new overbore pistons etc. then i maybe change the heads for edelbrock then i dont have use lead subtitute anymore. Cheeeers!!
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #6
kkari

Here are few more pics.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
kkari

No cc69rat it isint Maybe the sun light and camera angle make it look like that because in picture its sure seems like that! The dash centre "Hole" or what ever it is its broken, the class i mean. I have to get some retro style tachgauge and new cam chain with new sprokets.

Sorry people my bad english writing skills hope someone is understands something
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
502ms

We understand. Good luck in your build
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
ItsRandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkari View Post
No cc69rat it isint Maybe the sun light and camera angle make it look like that because in picture its sure seems like that! The dash centre "Hole" or what ever it is its broken, the class i mean. I have to get some retro style tachgauge and new cam chain with new sprokets.

Sorry people my bad english writing skills hope someone is understands something
Not a problem. Most of the guys on here have English as a first language and you write better than they do. It took me 10 minutes to write this!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
kkari

Finally home from France.....now i got some serious issue over here! I ordered set of compcams rockers (1412-16) and the instruction says that i have to use some guide plates!!! Is this really thruth? SHIIIIT New MSD ignition box has arrived and some other stuff too, spectre valve covers, fuel line, sparkplugs, timing gear set, new water pump.....Tomorrow i have to make new exhausts and maybe i can start the car if the rockers can be used!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
ItsRandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkari View Post
Finally home from France.....now i got some serious issue over here! I ordered set of compcams rockers (1412-16) and the instruction says that i have to use some guide plates!!! Is this really thruth? SHIIIIT New MSD ignition box has arrived and some other stuff too, spectre valve covers, fuel line, sparkplugs, timing gear set, new water pump.....Tomorrow i have to make new exhausts and maybe i can start the car if the rockers can be used!
Is this a small or big block truck?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
kkari

Small block 350!?! i really dont know anything about old chevys or American made motors or cars.....though i know something about engines. ive been building cars a while but most euro and japanese and now i thoug is right time to build American made car
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
kkari

Few pictures on todays job! The ignition is with launch control
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
kkari

Today i finally get the bed off the frame and start to build some exhaust! Its going to be 2,5" with two straight tube silencers i dont know the real english word of those type silencers but im little bit scary that is going to be loud....Really dont have a clue about those rockers! Have anybody used those type roller tip rockers on a old chevy heads (self aligment or something) there are no guide plates etc.......please help!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #15
ItsRandy

If it says you need guide plates in the rocker arm instructions then you should use guide plates. The problem is you need screw in rocker arm studs to use guide plates and your heads have pressed in rocker arm studs. You can install screw in studs but with the heads on the motor it's not easy to tap the holes straight. You may want to reconsider using roller rocker arms on those heads.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #16
kkari

Finally get truck running and when i was doing brake in running to the new cam shaft my radiator blows......the upper "tubes" ware so thin that there is no way to repair it so i ordered new alloy one from griffin and new seperate oilcooler too! New radiator isint so wide as older one but i think its going to be ok! Gearbox cooler is 250x300x50mm so its pretty large......Anybody knows how much pressure in tranny cooler lines??? Post some pictures and maybe some sordof video to morrow or so!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
kkari

Today i almost get truck running again....almost. My new carb. fuel line hasnt come yet so thats it. My older one wich i ordered was rubbish mr.gasket or something it was broke when i open the package leaks like hell every where.......Finally get new radiator on place, gearbox cooler and oh my new Autometer tachmeter! And because i got the time i decaided put the elecric fan on the truck. Now waiting new fuel line and fuelpump. Here are some picts.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #18
kkari

yeah! finally get truck running again! Its awesome!!! It seems that the all the tuning parts wich i bought where perfect. Truck runs and pulls very good, engine is producing power more than enough Now i must find some whitewall tires and start planning to build airbag suspension on it.
The ignition timing was pretty triggy first but then i got it. Initial timing is now about 10 deg. btdc and overall 30ish.
Carb was way too lean at idle and "half" gas but almost 1 turn both mixture screws make it run pretty good and i get full vacuum at idle.
Next week im gonna take it in the dyno for perfect adjustments!

Now im gonna go and drive it aaaallll day every where!!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
kkari

Next mod. new alloy heads. Any ideas who makes good "round" exhaustport heads!?!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
kkari

Well helou US! Havent write in while because have to do work so much.........12 hours a day 6-7 days a week
Well the good part of it its that im gonna get the compelte FBSS air ride kit pretty soon!
Now i have purchaset some little things for my truck!!! Cant post pics i really dont know why the Manage window says that pic size shouldbe 642x0 or something anyway i ordered some bits my tranny, TCI shift point adjusment kit (326500) and the valve improvent kit (326200) because when making full throttle accerelation gearbox changes wayyyyy too early its drops under reall pull rpm! (no tire smoke in second gear more than 2sec then its make like booooooooooo ) Ill all ready have the adjustable vacuum modulator so with that and all the other parts i should have the change rpms in right place!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
ItsRandy

Hey! Haven't seen you around in awhile. Looks like you are getting a lot done on your truck. If I understand correctly winter comes early in your part of the world. Do you have a heated garage so you can continue working on your truck during the winter? It gets real cold there in Finland doesn't it?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #22
kkari

Yeah our summer here in Finland is pretty short, about 3 months really then its gonna be autumn and then the beloved winter which lasts about 6 months and can be very cold like minus -38 celsius

i do have garage (rental) and now im gonna build a new one 110m2 downstares and about 60m2 upstairs. I just get my new loghouse ready so now is right time build my own little workshop with all goodies

Hey ItsRandy i check the Grand Terrace California from internet and the place look awesome! Really nice scenery! Totally different than over here. My home town name is Muhos its really countryside, no hills, mountains etc. just one big river. before i live in one of the biggest cities in northern Finland place named Oulu.

Last edited by kkari; 07-29-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
kkari

hey! Winter is coming and only one job site is left.....South Africa.......when thats done then im gonna build a new engine for my bab...eh truck! Here is my plan for the engine: Scat forged crank 3.48 stroke
Scat H-beam rods 6"
Dart heads pro1 or SHP
Srp pistons (budget) (10.3 comp)
New cam from compcams not sure the profile yet!
ARP studs all the way every place
and maybe new little bigger carb!

Im not gonna bag the truck its gonna be like prostreet look style machine! Already ordered some wheels 16x7 front and 15x10 rear. Front tires 235/70r16 and rear 29x15 or 30x12 inch M/T sportsman radials. Not sure those 15" wide on 10" wheels.....

Can anyone told me some good advise for the LSD? My diff ratio is 3.07 maybe that has to change too because bigger rear tire???