The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
ac/bc

thee HAMbulance

Name:  1510.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  57.1 KB

Name:  1507.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  1506.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  1508.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  1509.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  57.7 KBwell, here I go. hopefully I can make a long story short, but I started visiting the burb forum about 10 yrs ago, when I first got my 71 4x4 suburban. not much original about that one, but it was mechanically ok just needed lots of tlc cosmetically. im in florida near the beach, and the rust and the years got away from me. I own my own framing/carpentry company and it seems like I either had money or time but never both for working on the truck. I grabbed up a 2wd carcass with barn doors (which I liked better anyway) for the body, original seats, and mostly intact but ratty doorskins for $200. and started taking it apart at a friends shop for what I thought was gonna be a body swap, frame off restoration of the green 4x4. life happened, and I ended up with 2 rusty trucks and a lot of parts and boxes of parts all over my yard, storage unit, garage.... The last couple of years construction came back, and we got a new poker room nearby, so I've had some extra money to get the body work done professionally. after asking around for estimates, I found out that I couldn't give my money away, either because the project was just too much or something but 4 outta five restoration guys never called back. and the guy that guesstimated close to my budget never followed up. so much for a short story, huh? so my buddy up in Vermont, whose also a burb fan, knew I was back in action on project progress sent me a picture of a suburban ambulance that his friend just bought as a two-fer deal with a k-5. he put the ambulance immediately on ebay so he didn't have to ship it from cali to Vermont. He sent me some more pics and details and I said I WANT IT. for about half as much as I was thinking about paying for body work, I ended up with a 1970 suburban ambulance with 47k original miles, some cool options and lots of interesting paperwork and bill of sales, tags from the ambulance company... enough talk for now, heres some pics from the ebay ad...
ac/bc is offline   Reply With Quote