The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
onebad65c10
Gm for life.

Why me?

Just sitting here on a dreary Maryland day looking out my window into my driveway, and thought I'd share some joys from the past few months. I am proud owner of a 2005 Silverado Ext cab short bed Z-71. Ming blue with tan interior. I treat my truck with care and respect but am not afraid to get it dirty and work her. The good. I am 7 month from paying her off. Bought it used in May of 2010. Had nothing but good times with her. Using it as a tow pig for my 65 C-10 and various projects and dump runner.
Proud of myself for paying her off soon. But it seems a black cloud has been over me since July. First off I go to shoot pool and come home. Normal Wednesday evening for me. Upon backing in my driveway I notice a white mark on my quarter. Someone hit and run, scraped my quarter nothing major but messed up my flare and taillight. They are tinted so had to replace the light, decal, and flare. So I changed the flares to the painted ones( Yet to install) and the decal to a custom one.
Then in August my mirror got knocked off by a F@*d. The joy when I priced the mirror. $700 and change. Power folding with signal and self tinting. Fight for 3 weeks with the other guys insurance. Get that replaced.
In September they decide to repave the roads going to work. End up with to big oysters in my windshield. Well with the morning dew and my defroster on. They decided to crack all the way across my windshield. Still waiting to get it replaced.
Now today I go to leave for breakfast with a friend and notice my tailpipe is hanging funny. I poke it with my foot and low and behold it is no longer attached to my muffler. Rusted enough that I need to replace the muffler and tailpipe. So I ordered a Flowmaster kit.
Sorry for the long post but I figure all you guys and gals on here would listen or read. At least she is dependable and reliable. Poor girl 41 months and nothing happening and all this in a few months. She needs a good Auto spa treatment.
Thank you,
Phil
Toys:
D/D: 2017 Silverado LTZ2 crewcab

1969 Pontiac GTO Yes it is a real goat waiting its turn to be the car it was.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...59&ref=profile
onebad65c10 is offline   Reply With Quote