The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
chew652

Do You Need an Exhaust system ? (6 cyl)

I couldn't find just a stock head pipe for my 250 6 cyl. Everybody wants to sell you a whole exhaust or just a muffler or tail pipe. The front pipe just didn't seem to be available and the local muffler shop wanted big bucks . I was searching the auction sites (you know which one)and I found this guy. Turns out his shop is 8 miles from my house. Most of his business is online and not walk-in but he did a bang up job for a good price. He has computer reference cards for a bunch of old cars and trucks and the pipe he made for me fit perfect and cost around $50. http://www.kepichexhaust.com/servlet/StoreFront I have no interest or connection to Mr. Kepich and I am posting this to aid any members who have had similar problems trying to find these parts.

Last edited by chew652; 11-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.
chew652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
WIDESIDE72

Re: Do You Need an Exhaust system ? (6 cyl)

I saw this thread and anticipated you asking if you should run an exhaust on a six cyl or not!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
jocko

Wow, that guy's site looks pretty impressive. Lots of folks would pay what he's asking to buy a custom aluminized exhaust setup. $400 is what I saw for aluminized setup for our trucks. Not bad, install yourself. If you don't like working with the stuff, then a custom setup at a muffler shop might install this kit for you and you'd still come out ahead of a custom setup (parts + install) at a shop, but not sure about that. I likey, thanks for sharing.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
chew652

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Wow, that guy's site looks pretty impressive. Lots of folks would pay what he's asking to buy a custom aluminized exhaust setup. $400 is what I saw for aluminized setup for our trucks. Not bad, install yourself. If you don't like working with the stuff, then a custom setup at a muffler shop might install this kit for you and you'd still come out ahead of a custom setup (parts + install) at a shop, but not sure about that. I likey, thanks for sharing.
Actually for 6 cyl. $180 for aluminized , $450 for stainless steel. $400 is the price for V-8s aluminized steel for duals.
chew652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
cdowns

you can get a stock 6cyl replacement exhaust system or any part of it at your local autoparts store here and not pay shipping
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote