The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
Improbcat

dtkarst not delivering parts and ignoring messages

I paid for a spotlight dtkarst was advertising in this thread on 4/29. Paypal confirms the payment was completed.

Since then I have not received the spotlight and he has ignored multiple requests for a status update, both in the thread and via public message.

BigSix contacted me via private message and has been waiting for over a month since paying dtkarst.

Dtkarst has posted on the board multiple times since I paid and since I've messaged him asking for an update and has ignored all contact attempts.

I would not give this guy any of your money, he seems to take it and then just ignore you.

SOLD 1964 C/10 Shortbed Fleetside, Deluxe. (pictures) SOLD
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
BigSix

Re: dtkarst not delivering parts and ignoring messages

Paid around middle of last month. No items delivered and 2 messages unanswered. Hopefully this is just a silly misunderstanding of sorts and the parts are already in the mail.
BigSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
dtkarst

You spot light is on its way, as I posted on the ad, that I havent been able to get away from work and treatments to get them sent. They were dropped off Friday afternoon. I have a tracking number for all of them. The only time I check my pms is when i am at a computer, I look on my phone but its hard to get them an swered. My apologies for having to work, and get to the hospital to continue my treatments. So go ahead and bad mouth. I shouldve kept the boxes here so you can talk a little more trash. thanks
dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
bigblock73
yeller

If you cant follow thru on a sale due to personal reasons, then you shouldn't be selling in the first place. I'd be pissed too if it took over a month to get a part I ordered with no contact.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Woogeroo

Exclamation Re: dtkarst not delivering parts and ignoring messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
If you cant follow thru on a sale due to personal reasons, then you shouldn't be selling in the first place. I'd be pissed too if it took over a month to get a part I ordered with no contact.
x2.

sorry for your health issues, but handle your business.

-W
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Improbcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkarst View Post
You spot light is on its way,(...) They were dropped off Friday afternoon. I have a tracking number for all of them.
Please provide my tracking number showing the part was shipped, thank you.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I agree with whats been said....Just because of personal issues doesn't give an excuse to ignore people's requests...If you receive a PM..even when your on your phone..take the few minutes to answer. Believe me you'll be alot better off...I have a guy waiting on me for shipping quotes...he's been much happier since I took the few minutes to let him know that I have been very busy and would let him know as soon I could, Now he knows whats going on and isn't just left to think I'm ignoring him and we're both on a good level. I have great dealings with the people buying from me because I try to communicate as much as I can. But its over an done and you said your parts are in the mail....so..all I can say is try an pick a better time to sell parts so you aren't to busy.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

My comments here are general and apply to all. It covers the selling/buying deal from side to side and bottom to top for all.

Communication is a requirement when selling parts,not an option. It's real simple. When we have someone's money and they don't have what they paid for we need to let them know what's up.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-15-2014 at 08:05 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #9
garmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkarst View Post
You spot light is on its way, as I posted on the ad, that I havent been able to get away from work and treatments to get them sent. They were dropped off Friday afternoon. I have a tracking number for all of them. The only time I check my pms is when i am at a computer, I look on my phone but its hard to get them an swered. My apologies for having to work, and get to the hospital to continue my treatments. So go ahead and bad mouth. I shouldve kept the boxes here so you can talk a little more trash. thanks
Firstly, I wish you well with your health issues. I understand the stresses associated with what you are going through.

That said, it's not ethical to say you wished you'd walked around with a customer's money longer so they would complain more. I know I'll remember your forum name and never buy from you.

I would imagine lots of people research before sending a vendor on here money, I know I will, so do you want them to see you making snarky remarks to someone that sent you money in good faith?
garmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Tracking numbers and or paypal refunds would be expected at this point. Thank you

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...18#post6672418
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
BigSix

I received a reply earlier this week from the seller. Hoping a speedy and complete recovery for you. He mentioned that the parts were shipped Friday and since I am in MD and he is in KS - I think it is safe to assume that would take about a week. So I am excited to most likely have my parts today or tomorrow. Again, best of luck, and all our wishes with your treatment.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #12
Old Truck Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmar View Post
Firstly, I wish you well with your health issues. I understand the stresses associated with what you are going through.

That said, it's not ethical to say you wished you'd walked around with a customer's money longer so they would complain more. I know I'll remember your forum name and never buy from you.

I would imagine lots of people research before sending a vendor on here money, I know I will, so do you want them to see you making snarky remarks to someone that sent you money in good faith?
I gotta agree with Gmar the snarky remark didn't create any goodwill. Ive sold things in the past. when I went and got the shipping quote I already had the item packaged & ready to ship. As soon as I received payment I shipped the item before I deposited the money order in my account. I never ship anything anymore unless it will fit in a US postal service flat rate box. Ive expierenced too many problems with the other name brand shippers.
Old Truck Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
BigSix

Got my parts and they look great. Thank you again and best wishes on a speedy and full recovery.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
Improbcat

Light finally showed up today, essentially as advertised. Never did get tracking number.