The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Futom

1986 GMC 3/4T Longbed Stepside

This is our truck, been in the family for the duration. My father bought it new. He always had a liking for the stepside and it was important it could carry a fully sheet of plywood as he says....

We had an 81 long step with a 6cyl and 3 on the tree before he upgraded to this. It was a weird time for this, you all know that this year was transitional for carburetors and OD, turns out it was the last year you could get long bed step side. He wanted a good deal and had the country searched. They found this in Kansas I think, a farm truck ordered and then not purchased.

So what we have is a low option work truck. M code 350 LT9, SM465 granny tranny, AM radio, Power steering, Power brakes, A/C. It has a vinyl bench seat and 2 tanks. It is standard power booster brakes and the 9.5 semi-floating rear with 3.73s. Lastly it is 2wd and open!

Anyway it has been abused by years of neglect starting after I got out of college and gave it to my little bro. We are looking at it again with plans to get it running nicely. It'll probably wear the patina of abuse for awhile, but the mechanicals are going to get touched hard.

This is what it looked like 12 years ago when I handed it over.
Attached Images

Futom is offline   Reply With Quote