The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Mindl3ss

Hello from Eastern Oregon

I figure this would be a good place to drop my first post.

A little about me:
I'm 27 (28 at the end of October).
I live in Eastern Oregon in Milton Freewater. I commute to Pendleton every day for work.

I'm no newbie to forums, so I don't think I'll cause too much trouble. I already read the rules, and I know how to use the search feature very well. I plan to do more reading than posting, but that may change.

I'm here to learn, really. I've browsed these forums on and off for several years, but I finally decided now would be a good time to sign up since I just bought what will probably be my biggest project ever.

I began working on vehicles in high school, starting with my 1978 C10 Bonanza. I did a minor rebuild and top end stuff on it (cam, intake, headers, etc.)

Since then I've tinkered a lot, but never saw a project all the way through. Hopefully that's going to be changing.

Vehicles I used to own (sold):
1978 C10 Bonanza swb. 350/350 - Beautiful pickup with a 100% rust free cab, amazing paint, and all around gorgeous. I have really never seen another survivor like it. Most Bonanza trim I see is on 4x4 or long beds. I was stupid and traded it off just out of high school. If I could find another, I would love it.

1987 Shelby GLHS - Traded the C10 up there for this. Fast car, but I got in to a lot of trouble in it.

1994 K1500 Silverado Z71 - Traded the GLHS for the K1500. Absolutely loved it. Was a low mileage vehicle in very good condition. After I sold it I saw it parked in a parking lot, raised and modified... such a waste of a good truck.

1967 Camaro - Base model with a numbers matching 327 and a saginaw 4 speed. Was a driver/project. Blew out the transmission and replaced it with a 5-speed Richmond. I held on to it as long as I could, but when the company I worked for went out of business I decided to sell it.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...Camaro/001.jpg

1997 Camaro Z28 - White convertible, black top, six speed. Great car, but not great in the northwest where I lived. Over on the other side of the state they get a lot of rain, and that car leaked. Traded the K1500 for this one.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ont_driver.jpg

1981 Silverado C10 short box - Bought the body for $500 because it had no rust at all. The guy I got it from only had it to pull the supercharged 350 out of it and stick it in a Ford. Sold to a buddy of mine who built a 350 for it.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...o/101_0189.jpg

And tons more, but those were the cool ones.

Currently own:
2012 Subaru WRX - Bought brand new two years ago. I've owned it longer than just about any other vehicle now, I think. Finally settled down all the selling/trading.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...IMAG0125-1.jpg

1994 K1500 Silverado - Found one exactly like my other pickup, even down to the color/options. Great running, solid body, but it's not as nice as my other was. Still love it.

And the reason I decided it was time to sign up:
1968 C10 short box. I've always loved the 67-72 body style, so I was very happy when my wife said we could get this one. It's going to be my main project. It will be slow going. Currently it's got a 350/350 installed, but it has been sitting for several years. Was "running when parked." It's an AC cab, so I'm super excited about that. Wood bed also, which is something I wanted. And as far as I can tell, the paint under the current coat is the exact color I wanted when I began looking for a pickup to work on.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...0/IMAG0384.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...0/IMAG0389.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...0/IMAG0387.jpg
(looks crooked because there's a disc conversion rear end in the bed right now)
Mindl3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
kcsa75

Re: Hello from Eastern Oregon

Welcome to the forum. You're among friends here.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Mindl3ss

Thanks!

Already enjoying reading build threads and seeing other projects coming together. Some of these starting points give me hope for my own rust bucket
Old 08-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Hello and welcome to the best truck forum on the planet. I will be a closer neighbor to you soon as I am moving to Oregon next month in September. I will be in a small town called Junction City just about 15 miles north of Eugene.

I suggest you take a trip down and talk to Tom (tll74) if you have not already. He will have any part you need for your truck project. He is also very fair on his prices and does not sell junk.

When it comes to any gauge cluster repair or parts you can talk to the other Tom (that's me ). You are in a great place on this forum. Lots of knowledgeable people on these trucks to help you when needed.

Well, I hope if I am up your way, I can get a chance to meet you and check out your project.

Have fun with it and remember to post photos of progress.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
Mindl3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Hello and welcome to the best truck forum on the planet. I will be a closer neighbor to you soon as I am moving to Oregon next month in September. I will be in a small town called Junction City just about 15 miles north of Eugene.

I suggest you take a trip down and talk to Tom (tll74) if you have not already. He will have any part you need for your truck project. He is also very fair on his prices and does not sell junk.

When it comes to any gauge cluster repair or parts you can talk to the other Tom (that's me ). You are in a great place on this forum. Lots of knowledgeable people on these trucks to help you when needed.

Well, I hope if I am up your way, I can get a chance to meet you and check out your project.

Have fun with it and remember to post photos of progress.

Take care,
Tom
Hey, thanks for the greeting.

Junction City is actually the opposite corner of the state from me, however I know exactly where it is because I bought a K1500 from a couple there earlier this year!

Nice to know about the parts. I'll definitely be checking around as I will be needing a lot of parts. My truck is practically complete, but it is pretty beat, haha.