The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Mrdr70Bowtie

70 c10 Project: Evil Brother

Hello first build thread on the forum felt like sharing the slow transformation of my truck 1970 C10.
My goal is to get it running and handling right for a DD. Quick story on how I came to owning it, had been searching CL for a project to make it to a work truck more so then my 89 C1500.
Needed to be long been and have a some what decent running motor.
Came across a couple but this one so have everything I was looking for and some. The PO had a TH400 and a radiator on the side ready to put in and threw that into the deal. Well enough talking here are the Pics.

The day I went to pick her up.

Casting numbers came back as 70s SBC 350 not original since the truck
came with inline 6, you know how that goes.

Here are pics of the trans he threw into the deal

The PO has the entire truck primer red but I guess never got around to painting it so looks like he left it for some time. First thing was to get it matching the c1500. Went with black primer can the entire truck then just some quality satin white can for the top.

Here is the Evil brother title reasoning pic

Next was wheels. I didn't need to change the wheels but found a deal on CL on the Mag wheels and couldn't pass it up. It came with the ralley wheel too.
Before

Then came the seat situation that bugged me from the start. PO had these bucket seat in the truck but made really tall bracket which left little to no room for me to get in easily. So they had to go. Picked up a 88-94 bench seat for 50 on CL then went and bought cover for them. Came out prefect to me anyways.
(Oh yeah almost forgot I put the seats on CL and they sold that same day I think they came out of a cutlass had ppl asking questions about fitment)

That's all for now stay tune will be getting it ready to have it safety inspected and have a list of need to do and will post as I go along. Thanks
Mrdr70Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
SaltyC20

Re: 70 c10 Project: Evil Brother

Sweet truck. Was the bench seat a drop in? Or did you drill new holes?
SaltyC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Mrdr70Bowtie

Re: 70 c10 Project: Evil Brother

Thanks. No not direct I mean it could have but I wanted it couple inches back so I marked four new hole and just drilled it. Took 5 mins and came out great. I put some meat tape to cover the old ones and paint black like the rest of the floor.
Mrdr70Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote