The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
Mjminino

Project Christine V2.0

I have read like 6 or 7 of y'alls build threads, and I figured it was time that I made one. What sucks about mine is that I have already done like 8 months worth of work (Depends on who you ask .) and it'll be hard to recap everything I did outside of just showing you pictures.

I used to own a 64 Chevelle 4 Door and her name was Christine as well. Now I figure since this one was a truck and I know longer own the Chevelle, I could get away with naming this one Christine as well. Both were/are being brought back from the dead, just like the movie!

"George LeBay: Her name's Christine.
Arnie Cunningham: I like that.
George LeBay: My asshole brother bought her back in September '57. That's when you got your new model year, in September.
Brand-new, she was. She had the smell of a brand-new car. That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for P*s*y."

I found this rusty 1964 C10 short box beauty on craigslist and the guy wanted 1500 dollars for the truck originally. I didn't want the motor or transmission so we bartered and we agreed upon $500 . I thought to myself... man he was mighty fond of his ________ (can't remember what kind it was, but I do know that it wasn't anything special) motor and th400 transmission.

Front end had some sort of disk brake assembly on it. It had nasty nasty rats nests behind the gas tank. entire floor was shot.

I am sure something was done wrong or not 100% professional quality, as I am not a professional, this doesn't bug me. It isn't a 100 point Barrett Jackson restoration. Just something me and my ol' lady can go cruising in and enjoy in the summers.

Without further ado, here is Christine. Now don't bash her too hard, you might hurt her feelings!
Attached Images

Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote