The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
THEDUDEABIDES

Project ?

I've finally started work on my truck. How far i'll take it, I'm not sure. What will be done, not sure of that either. I've got a long list of maintenance to take care of first.

I got the truck for 400 bucks. Running, driving and stopping, so I,m ahead of the game for sure. I bought it knowing it needed a tune up and fuel tanks, both were leaking. It was used infrequently from the previous owner, mostly to the lumber yard or dump but had sat for about a year when I got it.

I started right away on getting it road worthy. did all the gaskets on the top end of the engine, heads got a good cleaning and intake also. new plugs, hoses, t-stat and rebuilt the alternator also cleaned the carb. runs real good now. By the time I got this stuff sorted out, my new fuel tanks showed up. I got some new sending units, fuel line and a "splitter"? for the dual fuel tanks.
Attached Images

THEDUDEABIDES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
THEDUDEABIDES

Re: Project ?

Well I got to work on the interior, made some pretty good progress. Had to strip it down and found the floors to be a little worse than expected, but still not deterred. I'll paint the door panels and other trim but still figuring out the dash, it's stripped of the rotten vinyl and cracks have been repaired. I have some black vinyl from an old project and will attempt to recover it myself.

I cant seem to post more than one picture at a time.

Here's a pic of a door panel after paint, looks good I think. All interior was a very faded blue.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
THEDUDEABIDES

Got my door panels back in and painted all other trim. Still have the dash left to do. Hopefully start that in the next day or two.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
THEDUDEABIDES

got a few more things sorted out, more interior painted. Hopefully the paint holds up, I gave it a good scrubbing with soap and water than with grease and wax remover. I had to remove a broken bolt too, seatbelt bolts are never too easy. I also picked up some cleaner mirrors, mine were pretty busted up.
Attached Images