The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Harrison.

20x9.5 offset question for my '70 fleet with wide axle

I ordered a set of 20x8 and 20x9.5 rev 100 classics for my 1970 fleetside C10. When I ordered I went with a 0mm offset on the rears but was just emailed by the seller telling me they were back ordered and that +15mm were ready to ship. I know it's only about half an inch, but that would be half inch further IN the wheel tub, correct? Anyone else running this offset? How would it look? I was already worried I would have to run a spacer in the rear to bring the wheel out to the edge of the fender. Oh and the truck has a 5/4 drop. Thanks.
Harrison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Harrison.

Re: 20x9.5 offset question for my '70 fleet with wide axle

Anyone?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison. View Post
I ordered a set of 20x8 and 20x9.5 rev 100 classics for my 1970 fleetside C10. When I ordered I went with a 0mm offset on the rears but was just emailed by the seller telling me they were back ordered and that +15mm were ready to ship. I know it's only about half an inch, but that would be half inch further IN the wheel tub, correct? Anyone else running this offset? How would it look? I was already worried I would have to run a spacer in the rear to bring the wheel out to the edge of the fender. Oh and the truck has a 5/4 drop. Thanks.
I am confused. You state there was a 0mm offset? that's flat with the whole wheel sticking out. Did you mean 10mm? if so the 15mm would be back inside further (or at least that makes sense to me, but whadda I know?)
Ask about trying them on and if there's a problem can you return them if they never have a tire installed or lugs?
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Harrison.

Sorry, I had initially ordered a set with 0 offset, so it would be 5.25in backspacing. The wheels they are offering have a 15mm offset which would make the backspacing something like 5.8in.

I don't want the truck to look like the rear wheels are sunken in, or have the tires rub the wheel tubs or frame. On the other side of things I don't want them to rub the fender lip either. I ordered 285/40/20's for the rear.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #5
jmking9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison. View Post
Sorry, I had initially ordered a set with 0 offset, so it would be 5.25in backspacing. The wheels they are offering have a 15mm offset which would make the backspacing something like 5.8in.

I don't want the truck to look like the rear wheels are sunken in, or have the tires rub the wheel tubs or frame. On the other side of things I don't want them to rub the fender lip either. I ordered 285/40/20's for the rear.
My truck is a 70 fleet with the wide axle. I have REV 100 20x9.5's with the 0mm offset on my truck. I had to run a 3/8" spacer to get them to not look "sunken in". They were also VERY close to rubbing the inner fenders. With the 3/8" spacer, they fit perfectly. In my opinion, the 15mm offset wheels would not work without a very large spacer. That would also mean longer studs. I would wait or look into getting your back wheels from another dealer.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #6
jmking9

The first two pictures are without spacers. And the last three are with the 3/8" spacers on. Its hard to see much difference in these pictures, but it bumped them out just enough. Hope this helps.
Attached Images