The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #1
Clanky

WTB Brackets/Hardware for West Coast Mirrors

Hello,
I came across a pair of white west coast mirrors off of a '65 C20 that I want to install on my '66 K20, but they are missing the mounting brackets. I have both mirrors, the verticals for both sides and the brackets to attach the mirrors to the verticals, but none of the hardware to mount them to the truck doors. I need the brackets that attach the mirrors to the doors, one above and one below the window, and I need both sides. Does anyone have any leftover brackets to mount these bad boys? Even if you have just one that would be a start. My mirror are painted white.
Also, if you have these mirrors on your truck, how 'bout throwing up a photo showing the mounting bracket placement in relation to the wing/window vertical divider. Are you mirrors in the same place on the door on both sides of the truck?
Thanks much,
Karl
Clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Re: WTB Brackets/Hardware for West Coast Mirrors

You might consider adding a picture of the mirror assembly you have. There were several models available in those years.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
Clanky

Hello aerotruk63,
You are so right, my bad. I attached a photo of the mirrors along with the dimensions. I have both mirrors and both 'C' brackets to attach the mirrors to, along with the clamp on the 'C' brackets that the mirrors attach to. I need pretty much everything else to mount these bad boys from the mirror to the truck. Do the below dimensions seem kinda large for a non-commercial truck or are these correct in size for C20/K20s? I was told they came off of a '65 Chevy C20, but.....who knows.
Manf: Velvac
Dims: 7-1/4" wide x 16-1/4" high
Even if you have just one of the brackets that would work I'd sure be interested.
Thanks much for the reply,
Karl
Attached Images

Clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

These West Coast style mirrors were generally for the Medium and Heavy Duty's. Nothing to say they couldn't be found on the Light Duty's however.

I have a pair of NOS West Coast mirrors and brackets, but I don't have the part number handy from the boxes. They are Bubble Back style mirrors.

West Coast Juniors were more common on C10-C20.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote