The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
ncarter124

Finally got my C10!

Hey guys and gals,

I turned 35 last July and really started thinking back to my childhood, and that meant my Grandpa's/Dad's '69 C10.
Grandpa bought it new and then after several years he decided he didn't need a truck anymore and sold it to Dad for $500. It was a red 350/350, short bed w/wood bottom but no A/C, a moderately-optioned truck I'd say. Sadly though, coming from Iowa and it being a 2wd, it was next to useless in snow and it was sold in the early 90's. I've missed it ever since.

Well a week ago I got my own C10 to play around with. Not exactly the same as what Grandpa and Dad had, but it is in spirit.

It had the story that every car collector dreams of. It was on eBay and after contacting the seller I discovered that his wife had just passed away (the unfortunate part of this) and he wanted to sell the truck as it was hers and it was just a bad memory at this point. Her dad bought it new in 1970, he passed away around '84-'85 when she inherited it. It's a 2-owner with 82k miles and receipts for everything done in the last several years... even has the original owners manual. Not many options though. It's a 250 with 3-on-the-tree, no A/C, 2wd and I believe the only option it got was the gauge package. It has been repainted a couple times just to keep it protected from the elements, and it shows. Oh, and it was from California... so NO RUST! I'm pretty happy, especially for the price of $3500.

Plans are a V8 swap, probably a 454 crate motor, then just dressing her up woth some new wheels, lower it a bit and driving her. I'm glad some C10 forums exist for guys like me.

ncarter124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Thumbs up Re: Finally got my C10!

Wow, is that pristine or what! What caught my attention first was the color...appears to be very close to the stock medium blue poly I have on my '68...a color I rarely see anymore and my top choice of all the stock colors!

on your new toy and thanks for letting us enjoy it with you!

Subscribed.. Ellen

Forum Guidelines and Rules
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct
Become a Board Supporter!
Truck FAQ

Ellen... the boards artsy-fartsy, eclectic, truck-lovin' gal-member...

Last edited by ETsC10; 10-17-2015 at 04:08 PM.
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
ncarter124

Re: Finally got my C10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETsC10 View Post
Wow, is that pristine or what! What caught my attention first was the color...appears to be very close to the stock medium blue poly I have on my '68...a color I rarely see anymore and my top choice of all the stock colors!

on your new toy and thanks for letting us enjoy it with you!

Subscribed.. Ellen
Thanks! I am not sure the exact color due to the repaint, but I was told it was the original color, either way blue is my favorite color so I really like it. It pops a lot more in person than in pics.

The truck hauling it from California to Tennessee blew its turbo (Powerstroke) so it was covering it with diesel soot the entire way. You can see in this pic where I had been taking Quik Detailer to it around the C10 badge and the different shades. It really hides dirt well.
ncarter124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
CSmittyMetalworks

Great starting point! Really nice.
CSmittyMetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #5
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I dig the steelies and hub caps. Nice truck, enjoy it.