The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #1
UATahoe

Will an f-body oil pan clear without modification on an 87 R10?

Trying to line everything up for my swap and wanted to be sure. The motor is out of an 01 ss camaro. It has the stock f-body oil pan. I know with some swaps on different vehicles the pan has to be notched. Hoping that the stock pan will clear the crossmember and steering components without needing to be modified. I have adapter plates that I purchased from Steve scram that have 3 different positions to provide a little room for adjustment.
UATahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
UATahoe

Re: Will an f-body oil pan clear without modification on an 87 R10?

Just wanted to bump this back up to see if I could get some feedback. I purchased a holley ls swap oil pan but I am hoping I wont need it. Anybody have any experience with the fbody pan on 73-87 pickups? Truck is 2wd.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
ssmonte18

Yes, F-body oil pan will clear easily. I just did mine using holley motor mounts and transmission cross member. They just came out with swap parts and they work great.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...m-preview.html
ssmonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
UATahoe

Thanks for the info!! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I have been debating on the Holley trans crossmember. I bought conversion mounts a while back from scram speed online. At the time, was planning on using them for a 67 Camaro build. Things have changed gears now and I am on to the 87 pickup. I have been debating on whether to get the holley brackets as well. Just didn't want to throw away the $70 I already spent. LOL

Any tips or advice? Did your truck have dual tanks in it? Currently trying to work through what to do for the fuel lines as well.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
ssmonte18

Personally, I chose to spend the money on the parts that were designed to swap an LS into a C10 to avoid any unknowns or to trying make the wrong parts fit. They worked great and I had zero issues.

My truck had a single tank on the driver side and the suspension is sofy so the whole truck had a lean, especially when turning. So I am changing to a tank in the rear. For lines, I made my own braided lines, again for ease of use and no problems.
ssmonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote