The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
crakarjax

Will 2010+ Camaro headers fit?

Will these headers work on a 6.0 swap? They're listed for 2010-2013 Camaro with 6.2l

http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475104-2...s-hdr150s.html

I found some SS knockoffs for $200 and might give them a shot if they'll fit.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
crakarjax

Re: Will 2010+ Camaro headers fit?

And I guess a follow up question because I'm getting ahead of myself -- short tube vs long tube headers? I'm looking at these ceramic coated shorties as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GM-LS1...-/151994680367

Or if I would go shorty, might as just as well go with manifolds?
Old 03-07-2016, 05:56 AM   #3
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

The 2010+ Camaro stock manifolds fit well... If you can find some late model Z/28 manifolds they are cast stainless steel.. fancy and more expensive.....

Long tube heads in your first post would probably fit but could be too low. Hard to tell where the collectors are going to point. May be an issue with cross member. Every swap is a little different....

The block hugger headers will probably point into the motor mounts depending on the swap brackets...

Also, if the motor is stock and you're not building a drag strip / stop light racer it may not be worth adding headers. I have a stock 6.0L LQ9 (high output) and went with stock Camaro manifolds for simplicity, cost and reliability. Headers usually need to be re-tightened and have a tendency to leak, especially cheap ones.... I hope to have my truck on the road within a month.

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
crakarjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
The 2010+ Camaro stock manifolds fit well... If you can find some late model Z/28 manifolds they are cast stainless steel.. fancy and more expensive.....

Long tube heads in your first post would probably fit but could be too low. Hard to tell where the collectors are going to point. May be an issue with cross member. Every swap is a little different....

The block hugger headers will probably point into the motor mounts depending on the swap brackets...

Also, if the motor is stock and you're not building a drag strip / stop light racer it may not be worth adding headers. I have a stock 6.0L LQ9 (high output) and went with stock Camaro manifolds for simplicity, cost and reliability. Headers usually need to be re-tightened and have a tendency to leak, especially cheap ones.... I hope to have my truck on the road within a month.
Do the 2010+ Camaro manifolds flow much better than the stock LQ9 manifolds? I've found some knock-offs of the stainless pypes headers in post#1 for $170 shipped, so it might be worth the gamble... but you mentioned leaks so I wouldn't want to pick them up until I'm actually ready to install my engine, in case I'd need to return them due to leaks.

Last edited by crakarjax; 03-07-2016 at 06:34 PM.
crakarjax is offline   Reply With Quote