The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
Lwatts200

Should I keep it or sell it?

I just found a 1966 green panel truck in pretty good condition, except front end has been wrecked. I don't think the wreck caused damage to the moter, but this truck hasn't been run for at least 10years. It's on my dads property, and has to be moved or sold in the next 6months. I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know where to start, and I'm a lady! My husband doesn't seem too interested in fixing up an old vehicle, but I'm feeling sentimental about my dads old work truck. Deep down, I want to keep it, but also don't want to get in over my head on this. Any suggestions?
Lwatts200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
Franks 72

Should I keep it or sell it?

A few photos showing the damage and side /rear views would help determine how much would be involved in fixing it.
Also important is whether you have the title to the vehicle , not much point fixing it if you cant register it for the road. Hope this helps.Good luck !
Franks 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
Lwatts200

Re: Should I keep it or sell it?

Thanks. I will post some pictures in the next few weeks. Also, I will have to see if I can find a title anywhere.
Lwatts200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
notsolo

Just about anything can be fixed on these trucks, extent of the damage will help you decide. Fix yourself a list of the best / worst case scenario. Depending on funds what you like to do, It would make a cool family camper, etc. Modern power train is doable for an daily driver too. Good luck.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #5
65chevysub

It has sentimental value and as stated above, anything can be fixed. My 65 Suburban is the only thing left that I have of my daf's as he passed away in '09 and I didn't have closure thamks tp his girlfriend at the time so I'm doing a nadic resto on mine.
65chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote