The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
yourgrool
67-72

Steering tight after disc conversion

I have a 63 c10 2wd I just did the front disc conversion kit from performance online, I got the drop spindles new upper and lower ball joints 73/87 style and the inner and outer tie rods with the conversion sleeves for the 73/87 drop spindles I also installed cpp upper tubular arms. Everything went together perfectly but when it was done the steering wouldn't return around corners and the truck was all over the road and you constantly have to correct the steering and it feels really tight. I figured it was all the new parts and it needed to be aligned so I got the alignment done it is perfectly in spec. The truck still tight so I drove it for about 500 miles now and the steering isn't getting any better. I double checked everything I disconnected the tie rods and jacked up each side and turned the spindles side to side and it feels good it's not that tight. The tightness goes away when you jack up the front end and take the load off, I tried rollers on the front wheels and that didn't do much It was hard to turn when the wheels would need to spin on the roller dollies. I'm not sure what to do next or if I need to just keep driving it until it breaks in. I've never had a issue like this after replacing front end parts in the past. So any suggestions thoughts or experiences would be awesome, thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
yourgrool is offline   Reply With Quote