The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
VT C30

The old C30 farm truck

I have been lurking and gawking here for a long time and finally joined today.

I recently inherited my grandfather's 1970 C30 farm truck and have started to restore it. It isn't anything truly special and I wouldn't have even looked twice at it if it were for sale on the side of the road. It needs a lot of work! Complete floor, rockers, cab corners, a-pillars, inner fenders, front fenders... and the list goes on. I didn't really anticipate all the time and effort (not to mention $$$) that this was going to take. It has a 307 with a 4 speed and corporate rear. Like I said, nothing special. The sentiment that this truck holds for me is astounding though and I thought I might gain some inspiration and advice from all of you here.

I have already purchased all of the repop metal that I need and begun the tear down. Its going to be a long road, but hopefully worth it without breaking the bank!
Attached Images

VT C30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
flashed

Re: The old C30 farm truck

Welcome ,it looks pretty nice .Ton trucks are getting pretty popular .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:21 AM   #3
VT C30

Some more progress pics. Took forever to get the headlight switch knob off. Thanks to the forums here I found the button. Finding new surprises everyday with this truck .
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #4
swamp rat

All in the family, the best builds!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:34 AM   #5
cornerstone

Smile Re: The old C30 farm truck

Welcome to the forum! It's awesome to have such a huge data base of info and all the different kinds of folks doing such different kinds of builds. I'm hooked. I get inspiration everyday to get something done on my 72 c10 which my late uncle bought new. Looks like your son will love it too...
Brian
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #6
VT C30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
All in the family, the best builds!
My grandfather bought it in 1972 or 73 and was the second owner. He purchased it from a local feed company. I assume it just didn't have the power and the gearing was just too low for their needs. I learned to drive a standard in this truck which wasn't all that hard with granny low and crazy low gearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Welcome to the forum! It's awesome to have such a huge data base of info and all the different kinds of folks doing such different kinds of builds. I'm hooked. I get inspiration everyday to get something done on my 72 c10 which my late uncle bought new. Looks like your son will love it too...
Brian
This place is invaluable as far as the info I have already gotten, not to mention the inspiration from everyone else's amazing trucks. I hope that my boy likes to turn wrenches when he gets older he certainly loves stealing my tools already!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #7
Gainsb

Very cool that you inherited the truck and now can work on it with a bit of help from your son.

Are you going to keep the bed the same?
Gainsb is offline   Reply With Quote