The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
cleszkie

New Push-On Door Seals From Classic Heartbeat

I just ordered a set of the new and improved push-on door seals from Wes at Classic Heartbeat. These seals have been getting awesome reviews from other board members.

Anyways, I will be using them on my 72 Blazer, and will be cutting the portion that goes over the top and side of the window glass off since Blazers don't use that portion. These portions include the nice 90 degree molded upper corners that other repop door seals don't have. If anyone would like these portions of the seals, I would give them away for the cost of shipping. I just hate to toss them.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
samkost

Re: New Push-On Door Seals From Classic Heartbeat

Wes is a great guy and very knowledgable.

I too read the great reviews on these seals and got a set from him.

Wes explained to me, one of the advantages of these push on seals is to allow us to test fit, remove and reinstall the seals for door gap adjustment/alignment before final paint.
No glue, no fuss, no muss!

Good luck on your Blazer!
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:39 AM   #3
classicham

how are the door seals holding up?
classicham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Are these any different or better than the push-on door seals that have been available?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
samkost

I have had these on for a few months now and they are holding up as promised.
I took Wes's advice and used some rubber conditioner to coat the seals and ease the breaking in period.
It helped some, but my problem was due to poor door adjustment from the restoration shop.
They had not done a great job of door alignment and many other things for that matter .
After getting my truck home from the restoration shop from hell (another horror story in itself ),
I had to do some minor door adjustments when I got my truck home and out of jail .
Since these seals can be removed and replaced easily I had to use the 2x4 and hammer trick to tap in the pinch weld on two spots of the driver side.
I also had to adjust the striker slightly and like some have said on other posts/threads some adjustments are required.
My passenger door has some slight resistance but closes easily.
The drivers door took a little tweaking but does not require slamming to close anymore.
I believe every truck is different and getting the doors to cab adjusted first will result in better fitment of any type of seals.
I'm very happy with these Precision cab to door press on seals and all is good now with this and other issues
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote