The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 PM   #1
stixnstones

bed blueprints?

I recently picked up a 67' c10 longbed. it is in rough shape. i would like to save the original box, but it will require a lot of metal work. the sides are not connected to the interior. I was hoping to find blueprints, or technical drawings so i could fabricate the necessary pieces to put the box back together. The truck has a wood bed, and i already have all the dimensions for that. What i really need is the dimensions for the bracing that holds the box together. any help would be very appreciated.
stixnstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Zeroman

Re: bed blueprints?

So there are not really any supports which hold the bed together.

The bedsides are attached to the front bed panel and the rear cross sill. Originally the rear cross sills were welded to the bedsides, however, most people do not weld them during reassembly.

The bed wood is supported by cross sills which are bolted to the frame. The bed wood then supports the bedsides. In your case, a fleetside, the wheel wells are bolted to the top of the wood bed.

If you get a LMC catalog(you can download one online from their website) you can see how the bed is put together.

Here is a great thread on the process...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663058
Zeroman is offline   Reply With Quote