The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
gabet40

need help with my fuel injection

ive got an accel Digital Fuel Injection unit on my block. when i bought everything the no-nothing dealer sold me a cam that was so beefy that it messed up my vacuum pressure, causing the computer to compensate by making my fuel mixture encredibly rich.
I finally talked to someone who knew more about the unit and he sold me the right cam for my computer. i also bought a distributor that can be computer controlled (something i shouldve had in the first place) but when i try to set the timing to the initial 8º BTD @ 8,000 RPM it dies. it runs best around 34º BTD.
Pretty frustrating considering the money involved in these injection parts. Im not expecting anyone to know exactly whats wrong but maybe some simple prodcedures i might of overlooked. One person mentioned getting my cam 'degreed in'? by a shop. anyone tried this?

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote