The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
parb

Minor update

I've been fixing minor issues with my truck since assembly.
Had a small leak in the power steering system that I tracked down, all good now.
The steering wheel shaft is occasionally rubbing on the wheel wheel inner fender, it needs a few mm of more clearance. Not sure if I did something wrong with the front clip or if the steering shaft is put on differently. Couldn't see anything obvious. I think a little push on the opening where the steering shaft go through the fender wall to just give it a tiny bit more clearance and I should be golden. I think I have a rubber piece wrapped around the steering shaft and it occasionally rubs as the body flexes against the frame. It's just 2mm or so apart.

In my build I replaced the original ac drier, but the new one leaks at the sight glass area. Need to replace it and recharge the AC. Probably in two weeks, I got some stuff I got to do first at home.

I put on an open air filter instead of the stock filter + snorkel and I thought the car doesn't run right. I had someone tune the carb at the same time. I wrote it up as the tuning and running cheap gas that creates detonations and dieseling. The engine sounded funny too, but again it could be the filter. Took the filter off and went at it with carb cleaner. Added octane booster. Worked a bit better. Took it to my shop for a timing check I don't have the instrument. They found a crack in a vacuum plug. Fixed it and the car runs so much better. Its like night and day.

Took off from work early today and cruised. What a great truck!!!
All is running well (except the AC). Engine is purring like a kitten with the occasional lion growl as I hit the gas. Just a great, great day. 85 degrees and sunny. People doing thumbs up as I was them.

Just wanted to share my absolutely gorgeous day today!

Last edited by parb; 10-24-2019 at 02:05 AM.
parb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
truckster

Re: Minor update

It's nice when you get those pesky little jobs behind you. It's even nicer when you can go out for a cruise.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
parb

I read the other thread on the forum about trucks not driving straight on roads. Mine drives straight like an arrow and all i got is stock setup with cheap KYB shocks and a quicker turn ratio steering gears.

Drives like a dream both at high and low speeds! I'm basically lyrical about my lovely day yesterday!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Ptjsk

Glad to see you're enjoying the Blazer.

What did you go with on the exhaust system?

Thanks,

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
parb

I have a 2.5" system with an H pipe. 2.5" Corvette style manifolds. Borla S-type mufflers.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOR-400822

I haven't decided if I'm adding the resonator or not to quiet the car down further.

Right now I'm happy with the sound, but I'll make a final call by next summer.