The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
1981_c10

Headliner Color

I ordered carmine red headliner from USA1 and looks to be Burgundy. Any body ordered that color from them and have pictures?

Customer service told me it was right but having a hard time believing it it as it is so different from the carpet color.

1962 C10 Recreating Dad's High School Truck
1981 C10
1981_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
bigschuss

Re: Headliner Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981_c10 View Post
I ordered carmine red headliner from USA1 and looks to be Burgundy. Any body ordered that color from them and have pictures?

Customer service told me it was right but having a hard time believing it it as it is so different from the carpet color.
I'm doing a lot of shopping around right now looking for Burgundy parts for my K5. I saw those headliner's on USA1. Just based on the Web Site images...their "burgundy" headliner to me looks more like Carmine Red. And their Carmine red looks more like bright red.

And yes, when you compare their carpet "burgundy" to their headliner "burgundy"...it's 100% 2 different colors, at least based on their pics.

If you're looking to move that headliner I might be interested.
bigschuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
1981_c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigschuss View Post
I'm doing a lot of shopping around right now looking for Burgundy parts for my K5. I saw those headliner's on USA1. Just based on the Web Site images...their "burgundy" headliner to me looks more like Carmine Red. And their Carmine red looks more like bright red.

And yes, when you compare their carpet "burgundy" to their headliner "burgundy"...it's 100% 2 different colors, at least based on their pics.

If you're looking to move that headliner I might be interested.
For sure. I think I am going to get my truck back and see what it looks like it. But if i dont like it i will let you know.

Worst case I have a headliner foam i could cover with something closer to carmine red.

1962 C10 Recreating Dad's High School Truck
1981 C10
1981_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #4
kglowacky

i know exactly what you are looking at in color. I have a 78 and everyone was trying to sell me Carmine red. It is NOT the Color of our interior. I had a thread going last year about trying to get the correct color dash and it wasn't carmine red. I finally just went with a black dash BUT I did find out everyone sells two different color red arm rest for the 78 and the one that is not called Carmine red seems to be close to what my color was BUT no one sells any others interior parts that in that color. Not sure what to tell you other then Good Luck. I ran out of patients and time to try to figure out what I could do to match this red.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote