The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2023, 10:01 PM   #1
donthekawguy

Tejas trans crossmember

Has anyone used the Tejas trans cross member for the 4l80e? Most site have the same cross member listed for the 60-73 or so. I emailed them and asked and the guy said he wasn't sure if it'll fit due to trans tunnel clearance. They sell stuff for squarebodies but I'm hoping someone has taken a chance and got one on here.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:32 AM   #2
MT65

Re: Tejas trans crossmember

All the manufacturers are doing what will work for a general application, I found it easier to just build what I need for the application…this is for the T-56 in my shop truck
Attached Images

MT65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:26 AM   #3
Tpo

MT65, that is an impressive piece. I’m sure plenty of folks would like to hear about you putting a T56 in your truck and what it entailed, I know I would.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
MT65

Thank for the kind words, the fact that the t-56 is hooked to an LS1 made it a bit easier…it’s really no different than any other swap, lots of measuring and fitting.
I just set the engine and transmission in relatively close on blocks on my lift, when it’s where I want it or need it to be, I build the mounts accordingly, the only part I purchase are a set of sliders that bolt on the block, sometimes that 3/8” is all you need. I’ve done several ls conversions, same thing every time…kits usually take a little finessing anyway, not every vehicle is built to same specs…
MT65 is offline   Reply With Quote