The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2023, 09:20 PM   #1
novaX522

Truck color question

I was told my truck was all black when I bought it. The SPID shows black/white. The top appears it may have been white. Is there anyway to tell the paint scheme from the SPID?
Attached Images

novaX522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #2
jocko

Re: Truck color question

Yes, 530 is the conventional two tone scheme of 521 white roof over 500 black body. Truck was born with a white roof (and the chrome trim strip around the back of the cab is another clue it was two tone).

And you probably know this, but you have a Highlander interior trim option truck as well (not a YG# promo package truck, but a plaid seat trim truck).
Your truck appears to have a parchment custom cloth seat cover in it now (i.e. houndstooth), which would not have been original to the truck - they were in Cheyenne Supers only. Very cool truck and a great example of a Highlander that came with optional P01s (vice the PA1s in the package trucks).
Your truck would have come with this seat cover for reference (SHARP in a white & black truck!):
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 11:17 PM   #3
novaX522

Thanks for the knowledge!
So would it have been all black except the roof? Or could it have been black/white/black with a white roof?
Old 12-04-2023, 12:13 AM   #4
novaX522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Yes, 530 is the conventional two tone scheme of 521 white roof over 500 black body. Truck was born with a white roof (and the chrome trim strip around the back of the cab is another clue it was two tone).

And you probably know this, but you have a Highlander interior trim option truck as well (not a YG# promo package truck, but a plaid seat trim truck).
Your truck appears to have a parchment custom cloth seat cover in it now (i.e. houndstooth), which would not have been original to the truck - they were in Cheyenne Supers only. Very cool truck and a great example of a Highlander that came with optional P01s (vice the PA1s in the package trucks).
Your truck would have come with this seat cover for reference (SHARP in a white & black truck!):
I never even heard of the Highlander package. I did a little reading after you mentioned it. It does have white door panels and visors. It also has black carpet, dash pad and column. The guy I bought it from had the seat redone with houndstooth. I like the gray plaid a lot more. Maybe in a few years I will switch it back.
I’m new to reading SPIDs, very fascinating. I’ve learned a lot about c10s since joining this site. Just reinforces these are the coolest trucks ever built!
Old 12-04-2023, 05:09 AM   #5
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaX522 View Post
Thanks for the knowledge!
So would it have been all black except the roof? Or could it have been black/white/black with a white roof?
It would have been black with a white roof.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote