The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2024, 02:44 AM   #1
Leinhit

Fuel tank recommendations for holly sniper II

1960 apache c10 with a Chevy 350

I have decided to go with a sniper 2 EFI unit for my project. I have already purchased it.

I do not have the original behind the seat gas tank any longer it was rusted out.

But I am lost on what type of fuel tank or fuel cell I should be using with this setup, I don't mind having a fuel cell sitting in the box of the truck. But is it possible to get a new behind the seat fuel tank and still find an in tank high pressure pump and sending unit for the sniper unit?

I prefer an in tank pump but I'm lost why a fuel cell that uses an exterior pump is only about $200. But the moment I look for a fuel cell with an in the tank pump it gets up to $1,000

What am I missing or what do you suggest? I was told to buy a regular $200 fuel cell and cut a hole to put in in tank pump in it, I'm not familiar with this but what setup would you use if you recommend this?

I would rather have a kit that is all ready to go but price is an issue.. $1,000 for a fuel tank and pump and a few lines seems like a lot if I could get it down to half that..

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here but my searching hasn't helped much.. the Holly website offers retro gas tanks with everything you need in it but of course not for a 1960 Chevy pickup

Advice and recommendations are appreciated

Thank you

Last edited by Leinhit; 05-03-2024 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typo
Leinhit is offline   Reply With Quote