The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
CoryM

1970 Custom/10 for sale. Very origional truck. $1800Cdn/1200Usd OBO

Hi guys, I recently bought a 70 C10 that I hoped I could make into a nice daily driver. The problem is I bought it without driving it and it burns enough oil to smoke when idling for a while. I assume its rings. I cannot go through emmisions like that and I do not have the time to rebuild the engine (dad is selling his house and I lose my workspace). So I am going to sell the truck now. The details are:
1970 Custom/10. 77000 orig miles. It has the origional 350ci (I would guess it has never been apart) factory TH400, and unknown rear gears. Apparantly with these options it should be a 3.07 rear end and it seems about right. Has the origional carb and distributor along with all the factory aircleaner etc. The truck has been painted once, it is all olive green now and is supposed to be 2 tone olive/white. The interior is also bone stock and in fairly good shape. The truck has 25 total options The ones I remember are HD suspension (its coils, not leafs), toolbox, lower trim. I will post all the options and more pictures tommorow. I have installed a different carb and an HEI to drive it around. I will leave it on for now so that people can drive the truck, but I will take the holley/hei off. The origional Qjet needs to be rebuilt and rebushed before driving it. The truck still drives fairly good. It needs new front tires (bias ply) but other than that it steer suprisingly well. The driveshaft support bearing rubber is torn and will also need replacing. It does not vibrate at city speeds though. It stops fine. 4wheel drums. Ebrake works. Origional am radio works fine, needs a knob though. Cargo light works. Wood bed floor needs replacing badly and the cross sills are rusted. The rust is the usual spots, cab corners and rockers will need replacing, there are rust bubbles along the trim as well. I will post more pics tommorow and the options. Post if you want to see any more pics. I paid $2000Cdn for it, about $1300usd.

"Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high."
Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, Canadian Army

Last edited by CoryM; 03-07-2004 at 07:02 PM.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
CoryM

I should mention that the engine drives great. It smokes a bit at idle but if you do not have emmisions you wouldnt need to rebuild the engine to drive it. It has good power and runs on all 8 holes. I wish I had the time to fix this up a bit. It would be a great truck.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
Blue Beard

Has that been listed before.....seems like I've seen it....
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:53 AM   #4
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

Any body damage, it looks like its in pretty good shape, but i would want to see everything thats wrong with it. Could you email me some pics. Im 6 hours away so its possible. my email is jmartin@uidaho.edu
Old 03-07-2004, 07:39 PM   #5
CoryM

The truck has not been posted for sale here before. I posted those 2 pics when I first got the truck a few weeks ago. The full option list is:

564 white/dark olive
BX2 body side moulding wide
D29 R/V mirror JR LH RH (Unfortionatly I just broke the LH mirror trying to adjust it, cut my hand too)
E81 pickup box floor (Not sure what that is. Wood floor?)
F60 HD front springs
J70 Brake booster
M49 Turbo Hydramatic
PO1 wheel covers (the covers are MIA but the beauty rings are there)
UF2 Cargo lamp
U63 push button radio
V43 rear step bumper
Z49 Mand Can base equip
Z62 custom ? Cannot read the rest

623 sandal wood custom cloth (the seat)
680 dome lamp switch
D99 two tone paint moulding
F51 F+R shick absorbers
G50 HD rear springs (coils, not leafs)
LS9 350ci V8
N40 power steering
P41 15x5.5 OK wheel
U08 dual horn (love those)
UK2 or UKZ tool and stowage box
V4? Chrome front bumper
Z53 ammeter/oil gauge

The sticker is a bit hard to read. The truck also comes with the owners manual and protecto-plate still on the paper.

For the mechanical aspect, To drive the truck regularly you NEED to: Rebuild/rebush the Qjet, replace points/condenser, replace front tires, replace the driveshaft support bearing.
Things I would suggest doing as well: Exhaust (I believe the bolts on the manifold collector are loose and I just slapped a glasspack on it to try emmisions), fuel gauge does not work, probably an easy fix (I can do this if you are afraid of wiring), the shifter linkage needs adjusting/rebushing. It works, just not great. I think everything works fine except for the fuel gauge. Steering is not bad. The usual old truck slop but still safe. Stops straight, I have not had the wheels/drums off though. Also recommend all fluids be changed. The engine runs very strong, but as I said, it will start to smoke a bit after idling for a while. No smoke while driving. It is possible that the rings are just stuck a bit and will free up, it is also possible that they are worn out and need replacing. No noises from the engine, tranny shifts nicely, no rear end noise.
The body is suprisingly straight. The grille is very good, one dent. The front bumper is bent on the R side. The front fenders are fairly solid. The fender cups are still there as is battery box and inner fenders. The doors look good. The cab appears straight but it will need rust repairs in the usual spots. Cab corners, rockers, and the outriggers. There is one poor fibreglass repair on the floor at the drivers door. This truck was used as a truck so the tailgate is damaged. The bed floor is shot, and the cross sills are rusted. I also noticed today the the LR fender arch has some small rust holes. There are rust bubbles just beneath most of the lower trim. I am not sure how bad this is under the paint. The hood has some bolt holes in it from a bug deflector.
Under hood ALL the bits and peices that normally go missing are there. The heat sheilds, stove pipe, aircleaner, PCV collar are all there. Has a trailer hitch. Interior is pretty good. The doorpanels,sun visors, dash and mat are very good. The seat has some stains and a tear on the drivers side. AM radio works great, needs a knob though. WIpers, lights, heater all work great. If you have any questions please ask. That is what I know about the truck and I have described it as accuratly as possible. All in all, a hell of a good project truck IMO. This thing is so virgin. No one has messed with it at all. This truck is a better truck than my other 70 but I would rather see this truck go to someone who will no make a race truck out of it I dont have the time for another project either. I got some more pics but then ran outta battery. If you want more pics let me know.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
CoryM

I should also mention that I have not cleaned the truck up yet. It was parked under some trees for a few months. It should clean up nicely. Also, no oil has dripped on the ground yet. I dont think you will find a better truck for the price.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
CoryM

Doh, forgot one thing. Got interupted by the phone and lost my train of thought. The tool box door has been welded over. The box is there, but the door was welded over and painted over. I assume the door rusted out as they are known for that and someone just welded in a panel instead. The panel has rusted and will need to be cut out.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
CoryM

The truck will be in the local paper thurs. If you are interested you better speak up ASAP.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:49 PM   #9
smitty62

I'd grab it if you weren't halfway across the world----------!

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote