The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
70below

What's my '70 LWB worth?

I've got a '70 Chevy C-10 LWB that I'm selling and would like to know what you all think its worth, unfortunately I need to sell. Here's the rundown:

It has a 350 V8 with a turbo 400 3spd auto. I bought it from the second owner a year and half ago. He had taken the engine and possibly transmission from an early '70's Nova he had, rebuilt them and put them in the truck (it was originally a 6cyl manual). He also did a paint job, carpet, and recovered the seat. Shortly after he got it going he had major surgury and couldn't complete it. He put about 1000 miles (estimate) on it off and on for 2 or 3 years but mostly it sat. The paint has oxidized and there are a couple minor paint runs but its still looks pretty decent. The rocker panels had been replaced and there is very little rust. All original trim is present. The body is straight, the outer grill has a dent on the drivers side. This spring I did a 5 lug conversion to 5 on 5 bolt pattern. I put a disc brake conversion on the front, rebuilt the rear brakes, and installed power brake booster/ master cylinder/proportioning valve. I put a set of 15x8 chromed steel wheels on that I bought used that were on a '96 Impala, but someone stole one of the lug nut covers. The tires had worn unevenly on the Impala and were fairly worn but I've been running them on the truck and are about due for replacement. I also replaced the tie rod ends, ball joints, and shocks. I did a garage alignment but it could use a professional job. I've got new plug wires (old ones burnt on the exhaust manifolds), new inner door handles and window cranks.
Overall the truck is in good condition and could easily be driven as is or minor work could be done as you drive it to make everything great. I know that it could use a gear for the transmission so the speedo will work. The temperature gauge doesn't work, but I put a rebuilt 4 core radiator in it. Oh yeah, I have an 650cfm edelbrock on it I bought new a few months back as well as a proflo air cleaner. New belts for the power steering and alternator. New battery when I got it. I'm in East TN.

I'd appreciate an info you all can offer, I'll also post a pic. If anyone is interested in buying it you can e-mail me at jeeps@usa.com Thanks!
70below is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
BurnoutNova

for a running, driving, rust free truck with the parts you said it should be worth at least 3000
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
70below

?

Anybody agree or disagree?
70below is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
bigskiohio

3000 t0 3500 maybe a little more
bigskiohio is offline   Reply With Quote