View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #8
truckininarizona

Re: Lowering the bench..........who's done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Task Force View Post
I am doing the same swap with an early 90's chevy Silverado bench. My big question is............ "Has anyone on here cut the seat frame to lower the bench seat down" I would like to have my 90's Chevy seat sit lower so that the top of the rear seat back is level with the bottom of my wrap around window. I have heard stories of guys doing this and would like to hear it from someone and see some pics.
I used a seat out of an 1989 for my 59 small window. It touched both doors, so we cut 3 inches out of the center and narrowed it. That was easy and it fits great. My stitch guy said the frame is just pipe, so I would guess you could also lower it the same way. Not positive though! If no one else knows, let me know and I will contact my stitch guy and find out for sure. A guy could cut out a section of the bottom stand and lower it that way, but then it would probably be sitting to close to the floor. Mine is a perfect height for a small window...........but too high for the big window I'm sure.
truckininarizona is offline   Reply With Quote