View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
RockTonka

Re: 1958 Apache 38 Dually Dump Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
Its a BeAst! Love it! You do great work and its all comming together.I missed it in tbe build...is that a suspended Bear seat? Nice work.
Hey Jon, thanks for dropping in and the kind words! The seat is an expanded version of a low side suspension seat from Twisted Stitch that we have on a Rhino. It's a bit thinner and more upright than traditional suspension seats from Beard, PRP, Mastercraft, Corbeau, or whoever, and allowed for much more leg/gut room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Just went through your build. Awesome truck and really appreciate your fabrication / design skills. Very nice welding too!
Thanks AD, that means a lot to us!!

Worked a bit on making room for the radiator (really the fan, I guess). We have an inexpensive FSR double pass 31x19 that should provide sufficient cooling. In this application, we really want to use a clutch/fan/shroud set-up to optimize air flow...really no problem once we removed all that pesky stock radiator/core support/body mount stuff up front that was in the way!
I know there's a way we can make this work...gonna try to figure that out this weekend.
Attached Images

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread

Last edited by RockTonka; 09-01-2014 at 04:29 AM.
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote