Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHGuyettejr View Post
Really love the 23.5 hr service, are you planning on keeping the texaco lettering on the truck when you are done? Im also with you on the repairs, my wiring is just as bad, the truck had one header and one manifold, about 37 clamps holding the tailpipe that wasn't even hooked up together, and the lower radiator hose contains solid PVC sections. haha, guess that is how it goes. I like this truck though, looks like a real piece of history.
Yeah I'm probably going to keep the Texaco style. Not sure about the exact paint job, but I definitely like the fact that it makes it stand out a bit more. It's not just another truck, its "that texaco truck" haha. I'll probably end up going with a mainly red paint job and black and white lettering since that's what most of the texaco stuff I see is painted. I'm not entirely convinced that it is an original service truck the more I take it apart, for example it used to be blue, but I like the idea and story nonetheless.

Right now my head is going in a million directions on this one. 2wd or a frame swap to 4wd, auto or manual, lift or lower. It's killing me because I always try to think things through and I usually over think it. I don't want to spend a ton of money on trying to make one thing only to end up wanting a completely different style truck. On the upside, at the moment all I have to worry about is making it pass inspection and making it a decent daily. NJ requires a 7.0 for co% and I got 9.3. Looked at the carb and it was turned up a ton, I imagine to make it sound like it had a bigger cam. Cut that down and it dropped to an 8.9 yesterday. I could probably cut it back a little more, but I don't think that's the reason it isn't passing and I'd rather fix the big problem instead of just sneaking through inspection.

I did get some more of the weather stripping in last night along with the cig lighter and glove box. Oh and a dome light cover. Tonight I'll try to strip those wagon wheels of the powder coat and put up the other ones on CL. Still need to put the s10 up too...
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote