The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Kaptain Kadian

Header clearance help

Hello guys, I could use your help on a problem I have been dealing with for over 15 years. I put some headers on my truck around 15 years ago and have had clearance issues with them ever since. It has been so long ago, I don't remember which brand I ended up settling on. I know I tried 3 or 4 and none of them fit worth a crap. When I first took it to the muffler shop to install them, they ground out a spot one the passenger side frame just beside the starter for clearance without asking me. Not too happy with that. That side fits roughly ok with the notch in the frame. The driver side sits less than an inch away from the lower control arm and hits it when driving. It even hit the crossmember on the driver side. And this was the best fitting set I could find. Anyone know why they would sit so close to the a arm or what I could do to fix the problem? I have taken most of my front end apart right now, so I can't take any pictures. I am in the process of cleaning up and painting my frame while it is still on the truck. I am also doing a front brake disc upgrade that prompted all of this project. Thanks
Kaptain Kadian is offline   Reply With Quote