The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
dmartin1

$18 dash/door panel interior job?

well,i know a lot of guys will think this is quite hidiuous or so,but i had to think of a way to make the interior of my 78 k10 nicer then what it was,ill never get a date with it that hidious.

soo....
as for the door panels how they were like rotting and shedding the plastic,i remvoed them,sanded them down lightly,and painted them with 'dupli-color' 'spatter paint' grey and white.which is usually for painting the trunks of cars,it comes out thick like conrete,fills in everything and turn sout REALLY good. i polished the chrome stripping a bit,and took some carpet i had in the shed,which is just cheap dark blue boat carpet,and re-covered the carpet bottom of the door panels.

dash-i took drywall spackle and carefully filled in all the cracks and sanded and smoothed them down,then went over the entire dash with spatter paint.

i imagina after the spatter paint to fill it all in and cover it all up nicely you could take a high gloss and paint it any color you desired,but i liked the color it isit has white speckles all in the grey everywhere.

yea,it is a bit cheap,but it worked GREAT! and ONLY COST ME 18$

thought i would share for anyone that may wanna make it look good without spending hundreds haha

dmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote