The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
junkman

new to me 71

Just sealed the deal on this little gem, 71 c20, custom camper, 402/th400, ps/air. Bought it from my uncle whose had it since 71. It has been sitting since 97, had a crack in the radiator that he had repaired but never put the radiator back on it. Has been sitting in the barn until a few weeks ago, pulled it out because he needed the room. He knew I was kinda into them and hit me up about it to see if I would be interested. It has been a farm truck all it's life, and I hadn't seen it in close to 20, so I figured the body would be toast. There is a quarter size rust hole in the driver cab corner, and a little bubbling on the pass door, that is it, even the driver floor is just surface rusty. I couldn't believe the shape its in, was left with no choice but to buy it, esp for the price. The grill and interior is in great shape. I am going to give it a good scrub down and get it running/driving for now. I don't know it's fate from there. I hate to say but likely a swb 1/2 ton conversion. I have a 69 swb in the garage with a 5.3/4l60e swap I really at least need to get driving before I dig too much into another one.

The current project
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote