The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
71Dragtruck

Project "lighten it up" including Scott's IFS install

Well decided to do some major changes to the drag truck this year including a IFS with coil overs, someone had asked about a WIP in another thread when I finally got around to doing it.

I've never done a WIP thread before and not sure how much detail I'll be going into, or how many pic I'll take along the way as I usually don't stop working to clean my hands and take pics as I work alone and when I'm in the zone I don't stop LOL.

That being said I have limited time so not sure how fast I'll get it all done, I'm already way behind on what I wanted to have done thus far, but problems with my IFS order have delayed getting all of it, and I did not want to start the front end until I had ALL the pieces in hand. Well I still don't have all the parts for it but could not wait any longer as our race season starts May 9th.

I'll start with the list of changes I'm making.

Scott's bolt in IFS with Mustang II spindles, Afco coil overs, manual rack, Wilwood brakes.

Ididit Universal tilt steering column

Changing from 5on5 to 5on4.75 with a new set of Billet Specialties rims.

Going to a Hoosier drag tire up front from a M/T Sportsman, and going to a larger full Hoosier 32x14 slick in the back from M/T ET Streets 31x16.5's (tread measures 12.2" Vs new ones at 14" wide)

Changing out the Wilwood rear brakes with park brake to a Wilwood drag brake with no park brake. (old brakes had a bit larger rotor and would not fit new rims)

Going from a Edelbrock aluminum water pump with Moroso electric drive and march pulley setup with full size alt to a Moroso electric pump, and mini Denso.

Adding a Moroso 4 vane vacuum pump, and going from cast to aluminum sheet metal valve covers.

New setup with vac pump won't clear my aluminum shroud with dual puller fans, so loosing the shroud and going to dual BeCool pusher fans with BeCool mounts.

Adding a couple gauges to the setup, and that about covers it.

Here are some before pictures of how it looked prior to starting.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote