The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
LS Nasty

Project: Lorraine 69 GMC LWB Dropmember LS1/T56

Grab a helmet and strap yourself in for the slowest and most backasswards build known to mankind...

This all starts with a text message with a CL link for a $700 truck about an hour away from home and my most dreaded words "hey you should buy this". I don't really give it a lot of thought but the truck but it kinda stays in the back of my mind for a few weeks. I finally break down and give the guy a call and set up a meeting. Long story short the truck is in typical North Carolina shape, rockers and cab supports are trash, cab corners are decent the rust from the rockers have made its way into the floor pans but nothing to wild. The only true bad spots are where the A pillar meets the floor. This is my first build so I'm definitely got a lot to learn. I'm excited some days others it throws me into a full on rage but I've been in love with 67-72 GMC's since I was a kid. So here we go... Try not to laugh to much.

I had originally planed to hopefully get the 250 running fix the brakes clean it up,replace a few things Bumpers Ect.. But as soon as it came off the trailer the next morning any plans I thought I had and any budget I was thinking went out the window. More pictures incoming!

Build Thread of Doom>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=650851
LS Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote