The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2002, 08:55 AM   #1
70chevy

Post Need advice quick.

I have 70 1/2 and in the process of ordering drop spindles. The truck will also have air ride suspension which will lower 3" from stock ride height. 2" lowering blocks in rear will also be used.
Question is what drop spindle should I use to get a slight rake at ride height, 3" seems to be all I can find. What is this going to give me? Any suggestions on brand and where to purchase.
Any pics anyone.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

70 Chevy 1/2 in process.Semi-gloss black powdercoated frame & suspension, disc brakes up front, 3" drop spindle(Beltech) 5 lug 3.73 rearend, ZZ4, Sanderson headers, 700R4, Air Ride system, Summitt 16 gal fuel cell, Holly mech. fuel pump,
70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 09:39 AM   #2
NSANE68!!!
SLICER AND DICIER

Cool

I don't understand your ?, if you are putting on air bags, and want a rake at drive height then just dump the front bags a bit. With air ride you control stance that is the beuty of it. I have 2" drop spindles and my front crossmember is 1/2 off ground when aired out flat. So a 3" drop spidle might give you problems with the crossmember.

------------------
68chevy, 95step bed, euro taillights, fastbags, fully shaved, phantom grill, 350 with a small huffer, TH350, 12bolt Auburn posi 4:11's......... 95 Chevy Tahoe (PHATHOE) all mouldings and emblems stripped, 4/4 drop, Niche Bellas 18's, billet grill, Euro taillights, clear corners, billet antena & wiper covers, leather interior, Pioneer cd, alpine amp, Rockford 15's.......... 97 CBR 900 RR, everything that is aluminum was polished or powdercoated candy purple, 6 color change Chameleon paint at $300 a pint(ouch), custom one of a kind under seat exaust, hand cut decals, runs 11 flat at 126mph FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!! ............ my toys at http://communities.msn.com/NSANE68Tr...s/shoebox.msnw

95 Honda 900RR
05 GMC Siearra (company truck)
NSANE68!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:10 AM   #3
70chevy

NSANE, to my understanding ride height shouldn't be changed due to maintaining proper wheel alignment.
Am I missing something here. Dump the bags when parked, right?

70 Chevy 1/2 in process.Semi-gloss black powdercoated frame & suspension, disc brakes up front, 3" drop spindle(Beltech) 5 lug 3.73 rearend, ZZ4, Sanderson headers, 700R4, Air Ride system, Summitt 16 gal fuel cell, Holly mech. fuel pump,
70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:24 AM   #4
Shane
Account Suspended

You should set the ride height where you want it with your air bags. Once you have the "rake" that you want, have the front-end shop align at that particular ride height. Note the reading on the pressure gage and always return to that pressure to get the alignment back.

Hope this helps.....

------------------
Keep On Truckin'

Shane
slecroix@bellsouth.net
Athens, Alabama

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
NSANE68!!!
SLICER AND DICIER

Cool

You are both right. Set the bags where you want drive height to be note the pressure on gauge, mine is about 30#. Then drive it at that height. if you want to drive with a little rake just tap the rear bags up a little, it shouldn't affect front end alighnment. But if your suspension is designed right to clear the scrub line you can lay it out and still roll a straight line, this comes in handy when pulling in to your favorite cruise night and you lay it out and creep in, or when all the high school kids down the block are standing around thier lowered mini's admiring them. Then I roll by lay it out and whatch thier JAWS DROP, hehe, I love it.
95 Honda 900RR
05 GMC Siearra (company truck)
NSANE68!!! is offline   Reply With Quote