The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
DruBlazer
Got Blazer?

How much are my stock seats worth

Hey guys. I need to sell my stock seats. I don't have a good idea about how much they are worth. Can ya'll help me out?
The 2 front have been redone. They kinda have a velvety top and vinyl sides. The driver seat has some small creasing on the outside and the pass side has some scratching on the back cover. Besides that they are good. They are totally complete with all pieces. No dents in the backs.
The rear has a cover on the original vinyl. I don't know it's condition as I haven't taken the cover off. The arm rests are not split and they have both of the ash trays in them. I don't have the front brackets for the back seat.
Here are some pics if they help. Thanks.
Drew

DruBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Your front seats are "utility buckets" and they aren't worth quite as much as the standard buckts. They appear to be in good shape although the upolstry isn't original. Condition of the back seat would help alot and having the brackets that hold the front of the seat to the floor is valuable too. I paid $150 for a rear seat in near perfect condition. I'd guess your front buckets are worth some where in the $200-250 range.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
DruBlazer
Got Blazer?

What's the difference between the "utility" and the standard seats?
DruBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

The utility seats have that "square" back. They were usually used on the more base model blazers. Replacement covers and foam are available for the standard seats, but not for the utility seats. They are still nice seats, but not as desireable as the standard seat. This is the best picture I have of the backs of the standard seats.

Pickmup posted a picture a while back of an orange 2wd blazer with some very nice looking utility buckets.
Attached Images

Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:48 AM   #5
Scrubby
Check out GMTrucks.org

I paid $200 for a set of utility buckets in near the same shape as your set. Probably a little rougher, so I would say your set is worth about $250. I don't know what the rears are going for.

Also, I personally really dig the utility buckets. More room to spread out. The metal backs are way better than the junky plastic on the narrower ones. And, you don't see them as often.

Last edited by Scrubby; 03-05-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote