The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
boomer

bodydrop success

Hows it goin. Im new to the stfb world. I seen the pictures posted. It has the top 2 pictures showing an uncut frame rail and the one below it cut up and moved 4" up. I have to ask how do i get my measurement for how many inches up from where it comes up from under the cab from where you actually split them up. I can see how u measured 4 " up for the z but i dont know where to cut the frame exaactly. I guess i can take a look at my frame and if it has the same holes and same bolt i could guess and cut it the same on both sides, is there a formula.
You cut 2.5 inches off the bottom of the frame right as it headed up, at the back of the cab. You welded in 3 x 3 x 1/4 angle iron. This was exactly what the truck needed. It now lays flat out on the rocker panels. You didnt need to lower any cab mounts or have to box in the frame anywhere. I am lost. I thought you z the frame, box in the frame while trimming off the top excess lower the rad support etc etc.

Can you set me straight in real easzy terminology. What you did in those pictues was enuff to lay rockers. Is everything solid and trustworthy to drive on the truck? Is there more things in youre article you missed out ? Im a welder by trade and a pressure b welder as well so thats an easy for me im just not real educated about the frame and whats wut. I beg you lol to please help me so i can get this cab on the ground safely and properly...

Thanks yall and i look forward to hearing from ya.

Barett

Last edited by boomer; 10-19-2006 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling error
boomer is offline   Reply With Quote