The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Bantha

'64 C-10 Stepside Longbed

Just figured I would post in here and update to my original "Hi I'm a newbie" thread.

Shes a 1964 Chevy C-10 pickup, longbed stepside with a 230cid straight 6. Manual everything, no power helpers here! Pretty sure its a single barrel carb and it has a new (old) 3 speed tranny in it with an indy floor shift kit. Old tranny had a hole blown in it when reverse decided it wanted to venture out on its own. The indy floor shift kit...did not go in easy...it's hacked all to hell haha. The crossmember holding the e-brake assembly wanted to occupy the same space at the shift kit....so...in the hope of retaining some safety the kit got hacked up. Same for the floorboard, Measure twice cut once guys.

I will be welding in some new floor metal as well as patching some of the bigger holes. Also need to get ahold of some headlights and taillights. Any ideas are points in thew right direction welcome on that! I am trying to avoid a wiring kit...but..I may need one. As the wiring in this truck is a nightmare right now. As soon as shes got the lights and insurance out on the road she goes!

Here's some old pics, new ones to come soon! Oh and I plan on keepin her nice and ratty

Bantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
zenish

Re: '64 C-10 Stepside Longbed

that visor is going to kill your mpg.lol
2006 yamaha vino 125
1975 goldwing
zenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
slepysal

Dude that visor is sweet!!! As is the OG spotlight
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Bantha

Yeah the light is definitely OG. It is 6 volt, I need to get a 12v compatible light.

The mirror is also cracked and I need to get a replacement, not sure where to get it though. Come to think of it, I need to get a few things haha.
Bantha is offline   Reply With Quote