The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: serpentine setups..info please

Believe me, i know that the TBI and the TPI is different for F bodies to truck bodies. My 91 Chevy truck has a set of TBI brackets and a long water pump. The Camaro TPI brakets i purchased are there to move the accessories out for the install of the Tuned Port intake and it's Throttle body. The items that are the same are the water pump items, such as long or short. That is why the F bodies are aligned to a truck easier. I have just about all of that laying on my shop floor, not to mention the LS-1 parts and the LT-1 items in the Wife's car.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
phishfud

Re: serpentine setups..info please

I am in the middle of this conversion, and got my whole setup off a 90 Camaro TPI car. Pretty straightforward, but I have run across one thing. Seems my stock clutch fan doesn't have the same bolt pattern as the new waterpump. I either have to convert to electric fans, or elongate the holes on my clutch fan so it can be bolted on. I plan on doing a TPI swap pretty soon, and just wanted to run my stock fan setup for now. Anyone else have this issue?

I also ordered the adapter for the alternator, but I am going to have to extend one wire on the stock alt plug. It is the one that goes to the starter. I am trying to run a clean install with the alt wires running along the driver's head, and the starter wires dropping down the back of the motor.
88 GTA 350 Auto
94 Cherokee