The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #1
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracin View Post
.... i dont have the time or resources to do a truck completely right... this is basically to put some money in my pocket and fund the truck i really want..... im selling to a specific demographic here (younger kids who are in the military, just moving to the island, looking for a sweet ride and something to blow their paycheck on..happens all the time.

Well put. Luckily I make all my young troops take me with them anytime they buy a vehicle.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
HoupPhotography

WOW! I haven't ever seen this side of the board. In all honesty Kracin, just do the right thing. If you don't do it out of respect of a classic, a fellow military companion or lack of skill.... Do it for Karma!

I'm not saying your going to "botch-hack" the truck together and tell the buyer it's a "frame off restore" and try to take them for $12k in a deliberate way, HOWEVER, with your lack of experience this is what is going to happen and that's maybe why most are irritated with what your intentions are.

I don't mean that in a bad way but when you say "restored" folks eyes open up and think EVERYTHING was done CORRECTLy, replacing metal with metal.
Because of lack of experience, your idea of RESTORED is completly different than what it actually means.

As for the welding, since your looking to LEARN on this truck, why not get one of the certified welders from base on-board with the project and split the profit 50\50. I know you mentioned that you can weld, but there is a HUGE difference from being certified to "I can weld". Just wanted to add my change (.02) and try to help out a little!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Billla
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselarmy13 View Post
Well put. Luckily I make all my young troops take me with them anytime they buy a vehicle.
I sure appreciate it - my stepson just signed up and he's shipping out in two weeks! He's getting a good signing bonus, and I'd hate to see him get screwed with that money burning a hole in his pocket. I'm trying to convince him to set aside 1/2...but you know hat well that goes over

Hopefully his "boss" will understand that as well as you do and help him make the right decisions too.
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote