The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

truck radio problem

not in my chevy but in another vehicle i own which has the standard am/fm/cassette that came with the truck some 9 years ago, suddenly im having problems.. about four years ago i added XM to it and that is no longer hooked up b ut my XM roadie is still there along with the wiring...
i have a hard time getting any AM reception at all particularly when under a bridge or near metal and if the fan is on high.. ( my resistor there is bad and i only have hi fan no other settings)
FM will now come on but it breaks down and cuts off for times going dead signal but the radio is still powered up and there is no particular pattern to the cutting out in fact first i th ought it was when i was near cabs with large XM band radios stepping on the signal but it seems to be no matter where im at.. the antenna seems to be hooked up and ok
any ideas how to fix this?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
djracer

Re: truck radio problem

what truck? does the antenna wire go through a xm fm modulator? Does it have an antenna adapter?

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

its the 99 ranger in the signature... the antenna mast is plugged in the back of the radio there is an antenna for the XM which sits on the roof of the truck but its not plugged into the XM nor is the power wire or the other wire which makes it run off the stock radio at freq 87.9 FM

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
djracer

normally if you have Am problems its the antenna. You might want to try another antenna without installing it! just plug it in and and ground the base as a test!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ill try that and let ya know what happens

I hate cancer!!