The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
msgross

Re: First day home!

nice truck...looks a lot better...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #27
Mint68

I dont think I "stole" it, but I think I got it for an ok price. I've forgot the exact number in my old age, but it cost less than my tuition and books for this year at the university.
Mint68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #28
orange72c10

Sweet blazer!!
orange72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #29
swyfor5

You lucky dog! Awesome K5! Not my kind of luck, I could fall into a barrell of "T"s, and come out sucking my thumb! Great pic's, keep us posted, thank's.
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #30
BurnoutNova

i never noticed but it looks like theres 60-68 towhooks on there, not the 69-72 style ones... or am i looking at them wrong? anyone?

post a pic of the spid, if its accesable
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #31
old man jimmy

Very nice truck guy. In defence of the PO. Back in it's day, you didn't get a blazer jimmy to cherry it up, and never take it out in the rain. You got one to use for hunting fishing & camping. And the back seat was always in the way. Couln't haul enough stuff behind the seat to spend a week in the mountains. And the first time you had a flat tire with the back loaded to the roof, and you had to unload it all to get to the spare. That's when the spare went on the outside where it should be. And CB's. They didn't have cell phones back then. So their was a reason for the changes he made. The changes came slow, as you realized you could improve on what they were for what you wanted them to do. Just a little history lesson for those who wasn't around back then. My guess the PO is in his mid 60's. Looks like he found a good home for it. Happy for you that you found one like that.
old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #32
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man jimmy View Post
Very nice truck guy. In defence of the PO. Back in it's day, you didn't get a blazer jimmy to cherry it up, and never take it out in the rain. You got one to use for hunting fishing & camping. And the back seat was always in the way. Couln't haul enough stuff behind the seat to spend a week in the mountains. And the first time you had a flat tire with the back loaded to the roof, and you had to unload it all to get to the spare. That's when the spare went on the outside where it should be. And CB's. They didn't have cell phones back then. So their was a reason for the changes he made. The changes came slow, as you realized you could improve on what they were for what you wanted them to do. Just a little history lesson for those who wasn't around back then. My guess the PO is in his mid 60's. Looks like he found a good home for it. Happy for you that you found one like that.
I'll share my opinion since I'm the one who bought his " K/10 " and allowed him the priviladge of owning this beauty. The guy really must not have used it for serious hunting or anything besides putting around town really, becasue it actully looks better in person than in the pictures. This is the most original, unrestored older vehicle ive ever seen. The protecto-plate and all the original parts were in this guys garage after he died, I mean, he saved the original lockouts even! The accessories arent somthing he's complaining about if it seems that way, there kind of neat really. It just confirms the original owner really did care for this Blazer and it really shows. About the only thing ever done to it that I know of is a repaint like 20 years ago, and a new fuel pump was installed. I rebuilt the transmission and resealed the t-case, and rebuilt the A/C compressor and updated the A/C lines with barrier style hoses and recharged the system with R-12 .... but otherwise this thing is still STOCK... unbilevable
Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #33
old man jimmy

I wasn't knocking the stuff on the truck. Just explaining why it probably got to be that way. I did a lot of the same stuff to mine, and more. But I did use mine for hunting etc. A lot.. But it still looks good also. And I think he did more than put around town, or no reason to change what he did. You can use them without abuseing them. Realy not trying to be a smart a.. or anything. And sure don't mean to offend anyone. Just figure I'm one of the few who still has one from day one, and put my inpute in for imformation only. These pictures were taken 36 years apart. And it's been used almost exclusively for hunting, camping, and fishing.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
Mint68

Zach, what are tow hooks? I have never heard of them. Are they good to have? You seriously didn't ever look at them while you were under it? I assure you they are 69-72 hooks.

Last edited by Mint68; 05-05-2008 at 07:10 AM. Reason: ?
Mint68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #35
swyfor5

Oldmanjimmy, that sure is a nice jimmy you got there! Could you give me the color code for that brown paint? My k5 is painted brown and am researching on what shade of brown I want. Thank's.
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:39 AM   #36
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint68 View Post
Zach, what are tow hooks? I have never heard of them. Are they good to have? You seriously didn't ever look at them while you were under it? I assure you they are 69-72 hooks.
the pointed the wrond direction, are they not?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 AM   #37
BurnoutNova

Quote:
I wasn't knocking the stuff on the truck. Just explaining why it probably got to be that way. I did a lot of the same stuff to mine, and more. But I did use mine for hunting etc. A lot.. But it still looks good also. And I think he did more than put around town, or no reason to change what he did. You can use them without abuseing them. Realy not trying to be a smart a.. or anything. And sure don't mean to offend anyone. Just figure I'm one of the few who still has one from day one, and put my inpute in for imformation only. These pictures were taken 36 years apart. And it's been used almost exclusively for hunting, camping, and fishing.
i didnt mean you were being offensive, i just shared what i knew becasue i knew it for sure, it wasnt just speculation.

thats a sweet jimmy you have, is it original paint? can belive one would survive that well even if it was cared for.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #38
old man jimmy

Sorry nova. My mistake. Nope, not original paint. That was shot on it about 30 years ago & needs it again. Just after I ordered it, the St. Louis plant went on strike, took a long time for it to come in. Guess they wasn't happy with the outcome of their strike. Because the paint was really thin. And I waxed my way through it in about 3 years. I was their when they pulled it off the truck, and it had a lot of issues. Door alignment, rear hatch was so far off it was hitting the side of roof, and had fiberglass split. etc. So they had to do some replacing, and alignment before I could even take it home. But all turned out ok. Been a really good friend, and always taken me home. But my point was. They can be used, and not beat all to he--. Mine's never had even the smallest dent in it's entire life. Paint scratches yes. I remember, the most fun I had with it was when the original paint was shot. Didn't have to grit my teeth when the trails were too narrow for the truck, and the pine brances would scrape down the sides. Their I go again. Ranting on about the good old days. But nice to talk with people who are interested in them. Have too many boring stories to tell & nobody to tell them to I guess. Just my age showing. Sorry guys.
Tom
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #39
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Sorry nova. My mistake. Nope, not original paint. That was shot on it about 30 years ago & needs it again. Just after I ordered it, the St. Louis plant went on strike, took a long time for it to come in. Guess they wasn't happy with the outcome of their strike. Because the paint was really thin. And I waxed my way through it in about 3 years. I was their when they pulled it off the truck, and it had a lot of issues. Door alignment, rear hatch was so far off it was hitting the side of roof, and had fiberglass split. etc. So they had to do some replacing, and alignment before I could even take it home. But all turned out ok. Been a really good friend, and always taken me home. But my point was. They can be used, and not beat all to he--. Mine's never had even the smallest dent in it's entire life. Paint scratches yes. I remember, the most fun I had with it was when the original paint was shot. Didn't have to grit my teeth when the trails were too narrow for the truck, and the pine brances would scrape down the sides. Their I go again. Ranting on about the good old days. But nice to talk with people who are interested in them. Have too many boring stories to tell & nobody to tell them to I guess. Just my age showing. Sorry guys.
Tom

start a post and share the stories, thats what we all do. thats what this trhread was afterall
Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #40
72Levi

I too like to hear old stories. They are not old if they keep telling them I like classic stories, just like our classic trucks!
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #41
clos69
Its Topless Season!!!!

Wow I just saw this thread and I thought I was looking at my K5 even down to the sheepskin seat covers

1967 SWB Custom C-10 (Celeste)

Join the Patina Club
clos69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #42
BLUE THUNDER

Sweet Blazer. Great find. I'm with Jtrux, how much?
BLUE THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote