The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
snj8198

RetroSoundUSA ??

Hi guys,
I'm in the middle of a new wiring harness install and am contemplating a new stereo. Has anybody used or have any experience with this company? Any info would be appreciated. thanks -steve

www.retrosoundusa.com
Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: RetroSoundUSA ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj8198 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm in the middle of a new wiring harness install and am contemplating a new stereo. Has anybody used or have any experience with this company? Any info would be appreciated. thanks -steve

www.retrosoundusa.com
Don't know anything about them but I do know these guys:

http://www.casmfg.com/radios.htm

Custom Autosound does a fair reproduction of an OEM system in appearance but it has all of the bells and whistles the other one does. I have a secret audio installed in my '67...Ipod and standard AM/FM 4 channel ~ $295.00.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
au03z71

I have a Retrosound, although I haven't installed it yet.
au03z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
snj8198

thanks guys. Yeah Fritz i've been doing some searching around the site and found a little info about a couple of companies CSAMFG included. This afternoon i stopped in at the local custom stereo shop down the street and found that the owner deals with CAS. I flipped through a flyer and ordered a USA-630 under the owner's terms that if i wasn't interested or didn't like it when it comes in I don't have to buy it. Well ok so i got one coming. I guess this critter has a USB port, 2 aux ports, controlls a 10 disk changer, will get me better fuel mileage, has 2 preamp out puts, it's completely digital and uses metal knobs. At $250 i feel its kinda pricey compared to some single din headunits on the market but my dash is uncut and after staring at it a while i've decided i like it unmolested. Funny, i carved the fenders up but i don't want to touch the dash. -steve
Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Hair

Got one in my truck. It works great and I like it. You can hook your ipod to it and it has remote bla bla bla. It does what it is supposed to do. Fit in the dash good and looks good in there. If you want a pic just say so and I'll drop one on here.

Negatives: Now these problems may only be on MY stereo only.
1. When it is cold below 40 degrees F the digital readout does not light-up as it should and it takes it about 5 or 10 minutes to light-up completely.

2. The plastic chrome face plate that comes with it (if you get chrome) scratches easily. So if you get chrome be careful with it.

3. You have to tinker with the the knobs and stuff for a little bit to get them to line-up correctly and be spaced out correctly for your dash because they are adjustable and it just takes some tinkering to get them set just right. But that is no biggy.

4. The time looks like this "4-30" instead of like this "4:30".

Anyway, aside form those few things, I love it and it looks great with chrome face plate and chrome knobs and if I had it to do over I would buy one again. They also have great customer service and the stereo is very easy to wire up.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
snj8198

thanks Hair. the digital dash in my skidder does the same thing in cold weather. yeah, it can be a little annoying. i gota tinker with just about everything else on the truck so why not the stereo knobs too