The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
ERBSIX

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

If that trucks not perfect, than I don't know which one is! :-)

Have you been driving it much?

What does the little lady think about it?

The ultimate test was I showed my wife your truck yesterday and she just loved it, which is saying a lot, she is really picky. :-)

She wants me to duplicate the same blue you used, and I'm set on a silver second tone. Much like the truck already looks (see here).

Finally, how does the vintage air system handle? Does it get cold fast and stay cold well? Also, since you're running an engine attached fan with shroud does your truck run hot when idling while the VA system is wide open cold?

I'm fairly positive I'm going to run dual electric fans instead of a motor mounted fan...
ERBSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERBSIX View Post
If that trucks not perfect, than I don't know which one is! :-)

Have you been driving it much?

What does the little lady think about it?

The ultimate test was I showed my wife your truck yesterday and she just loved it, which is saying a lot, she is really picky. :-)

She wants me to duplicate the same blue you used, and I'm set on a silver second tone. Much like the truck already looks (see here).

Finally, how does the vintage air system handle? Does it get cold fast and stay cold well? Also, since you're running an engine attached fan with shroud does your truck run hot when idling while the VA system is wide open cold?

I'm fairly positive I'm going to run dual electric fans instead of a motor mounted fan...
I have put about 500 miles on it so far, just trying to get everything broke in....and fix any of the 'Settling of components" issues....LOL

My Woman loves the truck but at the same time prefers to drive in her new car

Silver is one of my other favorite colors....but the blue I painted mine has always been my all time favorite color....I think it has a lot to do with the 69 Camaro I use to own, that was Lemans Blue & White.....I miss that car!

The VA system works perfect and blows ice cold.....and stays cold!....I live in AZ where the temps have been in the 110 to 115 range lately and it has performed perfect....I have had no problems with the truck getting hot at idle either......but the engine is pretty stock and the 4 core radiator really helps...Th e only thing with VA system (and the other aftermarket systems) is that the fan is on the interior of the cab, so it is louder than the factory systems...

RM

Last edited by Rack Man; 07-11-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote